Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: BKS Gloves  (Read 184 times)

Offline Sylvester

• Versys God
  • Bike: Black (& Silver)
  • City / Town: Chorleywood
BKS Gloves
« on: Apr 07, 2021, 03:04 PM »
I saw that J&S were having a sale on the BKS 03 CAT 2 Gloves (£59 down from £99).  Having recently done a few cold trips that resulted in chilly hands (my X300 doesn't have heated grips).  I decided to get some.  They're nice gloves.  Beautiful leather, good protection, top quality finish.  But, it's like wearing oven mitts.  They are sooooooo thick.  I hate 'em.

Just thought that I'd post my unbiased review.

;-)
Ride as if your life depended on it.

Offline anderson

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Mk2 650 2013
  • City / Town: Cornwall
Re: BKS Gloves
« Reply #1 on: Apr 07, 2021, 04:41 PM »
*Originally Posted by Sylvester [+]
I saw that J&S were having a sale on the BKS 03 CAT 2 Gloves (£59 down from £99).  Having recently done a few cold trips that resulted in chilly hands (my X300 doesn't have heated grips).  I decided to get some.  They're nice gloves.  Beautiful leather, good protection, top quality finish.  But, it's like wearing oven mitts.  They are sooooooo thick.  I hate 'em.

Just thought that I'd post my unbiased review.

;-)

Thick gloves are the only way to stay warm unless you're going for heated I suppose?

I just got a new pair today, Bikers Paradise Stealth Winter. Very similar to those above and £49. They're my second pair, never leaked, warm enough and once broken in, very comfortable.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Offline Clubpenguin

• Versys Pro
  • hyde
  • Bike: versys grand
  • City / Town: Manchester
Re: BKS Gloves
« Reply #2 on: Apr 07, 2021, 06:26 PM »
I canít stand j & s . Itís like a sports direct with their own brands. I went to buy a new jacket and they were very pushy on the bks ones when I wanted an alpinestars one. Then they told me the internet stores all sell fakes!!
chris and keeley