Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Camping  (Read 5520 times)

Offline Shandy

• Versys Master
  • Support Your NHS
  • Bike: Mk3 Versys650 GT
  • City / Town: Sidcup, Kent
Re: Camping
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2021, 10:40 PM »
Cheeky sods!

FYI the campsite called me phishing for more info on our weekend.

Apparently, they have suddenly noticed that they have a lot of bookings for our weekend, all booked in quite quick succession. So she became curious

I explained that it's a forum, not necessarily a rowdy biker group and she seemed fairly relieved by that.

She did ask me to remind everyone that it's a family site and could we please respect the noise levels late at night when we crawl back from the pub. I reassured her again by saying that we're mostly all midlife crisis age and above, therefore likely to be in bed by 9 anyway LOL
She seemed amused by this and was eventually won over by the fact that most of the 'trouble' would occur at the local pubs and not on her 'nice family campsite'  :4:

I don't know how I became the camping fraternity spokesperson and certainly wouldn't have put myself forward for the position, but apparently she just picked a number at random and then said she remembered speaking to me on the phone when booking and knew that I was a charming, good looking chap  :2:

I think the waters have been smoothed over and we shouldn't have any problems, at least she now knows to expect a few more fat old blokes on bikes than usual. But I do think we might do well not arriving in big groups.

I did explain that the trip organiser wasn't me and I was able to plead ignorance (it's a method applied most of my life to get away with stuff  :008:) But don't know if she'd appreciate being wooed by someone more senior in the NVM committee? She's not expecting one though
A Motorcycle Is For Life, Not Just Sunny Days!

Offline TowerMan

• Information Guru
  • Versys Mega God
  • V.I.G.S. rules OK
  • Bike: V650Mk1 + V1kMk2
  • City / Town: Biggar, Scotland
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2021, 01:14 AM »
SHANDY

The committee has decided to co adopt you as our No. 1 PR Troubleshooting expert, with immediate effect 👍🤣
Richard    :001: 

@ Rhayader - Mid Wales

Offline Shandy

• Versys Master
  • Support Your NHS
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2021, 04:29 AM »
*Originally Posted by TowerMan [+]
SHANDY

The committee has decided to co adopt you as our No. 1 PR Troubleshooting expert, with immediate effect 👍🤣

Oh no  :138:

I can't help being such a smooth talker  :2: HaHaHa

Offline jonnster71

• Versys God
  • Not a bird and not a plane.
  • Bike: Versys Mk2 ABS
  • City / Town: Stroud
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2021, 10:14 AM »
*Originally Posted by Shandy [+]
I think the waters have been smoothed over and we shouldn't have any problems, at least she now knows to expect a few more fat old blokes on bikes than usual. But I do think we might do well not arriving in big groups.

I did explain that the trip organiser wasn't me and I was able to plead ignorance (it's a method applied most of my life to get away with stuff  :008:) But don't know if she'd appreciate being wooed by someone more senior in the NVM committee? She's not expecting one though
Good work Adam, not sure if it's new management as a load of us stayed there about 4 years ago and there were no issues booking. Perhaps the increased number of online bookings means they don't get a sense of who or what we are?

Even more noteworthy is that a biker from Kent managed to smooth the waters...there's a first.
 :2:

Offline Shandy

• Versys Master
  • Support Your NHS
« Reply #54 on: Jun 01, 2021, 04:19 AM »
*Originally Posted by jonnster71 [+]
Good work Adam, not sure if it's new management as a load of us stayed there about 4 years ago and there were no issues booking. Perhaps the increased number of online bookings means they don't get a sense of who or what we are?

Even more noteworthy is that a biker from Kent managed to smooth the waters...there's a first.
 :2:

LOL

It was my smooth London accent that did it... The Welsh have always been a fan, haven't they  :notsure:  It's like a reassuring hug from a bigger brother  :152:

She did say it was the large number of individual bookings in quick succession that caught her eye, it probably just stands out with the lack of bookings they've had over lockdown as opposed to 4 years ago.

Either way, look forward to seeing everyone there  :152: