Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Mk.2 Touring Screen.  (Read 4044 times)

Offline KarDvy

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: 2011 Versys 650
  • City / Town: Blackburn
Mk.2 Touring Screen.
« on: May 04, 2021, 09:13 AM »
I've fitted a MRA Vario Touring Screen (VTM).

https://www.mrashop.de/com/model-based-products/kawasaki/versys-650/bj-10-14/5355/versys-650-variotouringscreen-vtm-2010-2014?c=90004990 

I'm really unhappy with the way the screen fits to the bike as the brackets seem to make the screen vibrate and shake. Has anyone got any suggestions for another screen that fits directly to the original mount holes instead of via extra brackets. I'm after a tinted screen.

Online ArfurB

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: Mk 2. 650 Black
  • City / Town: Sheerness
Re: Mk.2 Touring Screen.
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2021, 09:08 AM »
My MK2 came with a Givi screen. It mounts on the original 4 fixings and can be adjusted. It measures 47 cm from the top of the pilot lamp. Mine's clear, don't know if a tinted one is available.
ArfurB

Offline runtothehills

• Versys Pro
  • "Hey, is this real, or is it just a ride?"
  • Bike: 2009 MK1 ABS
  • City / Town: Cardigan
Re: Mk.2 Touring Screen.
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2021, 06:54 PM »
Thats the same screen that someone had kindly fitted to my bike. Despite being a MK1 so inherently more vibey, (especially at 4-5000 revs) the screen shaking hasn't been an issue. Nearly every other bit of me feels the vibes so maybe my rattling teeth & buzzing fairings mask the screen shake, though I am wondering what kind of rubber grommetry came with it?

Ahha just checked the downloads from your link and see a totally different mounting system & brackets on Mk2. mine has about 30mm rubber at the bottom and 10mm at the top. Could you squeeze more rubber between the bracket and the screen?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 07:07 PM by runtothehills »
Sometimes it takes a winding road to get your head straight.