Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Lust lowering kit  (Read 613 times)

Offline kblackburn

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: 650 gt 2016
  • City / Town: Holme
Lust lowering kit
« on: Jun 21, 2021, 11:41 AM »
Hi Guy's,

I've ordered a lust lowering kit for my 2016 650, 

What do you do with the remote adjuster ?

thanks

kevin

Offline jkristjan

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 650 2019
  • City / Town: Tallinn
Re: Lust lowering kit
« Reply #1 on: Jun 21, 2021, 07:11 PM »
The instruction says "use a giant adjustable wrench to bend it up/back" but this was not so easy. I bent mine to an extreme position, damaging it heavily and because of the changed position and shortness of the adjusting cable, I was only able to fasten it back using one of the two bolt holes. Not an ideal solution but as long as the bolt holds and the cable does not break, I don't mind. I only mind that Lust pretty much pees on their customer with this, they couldn't make a proper relocating bracket or decent instructions. Instructions are available only on small low quality photocopy that comes with the block and they haven't put in more than half an hour of work to come up with the vague dismissive suggestions and small blurry images.

That being said, I am happy with the bike as it is after lowering, I think in case of the v650, lowering actually improves the bike. It is a heightened ER-6N and it seems they went just an inch too far with it. That is, of course, when you weigh 145 lbs and measure 5'8''. Perhaps 300-pound people compress the suspension anyway so that they get the same lowering effect without modification.

Online Wal

• Versys Mega God
  • City / Town: Durham
« Reply #2 on: Jun 21, 2021, 11:19 PM »
*Originally Posted by jkristjan [+]
The instruction says "use a giant adjustable wrench to bend it up/back" but this was not so easy. I bent mine to an extreme position, damaging it heavily and because of the changed position and shortness of the adjusting cable, I was only able to fasten it back using one of the two bolt holes. Not an ideal solution but as long as the bolt holds and the cable does not break, I don't mind. I only mind that Lust pretty much pees on their customer with this, they couldn't make a proper relocating bracket or decent instructions. Instructions are available only on small low quality photocopy that comes with the block and they haven't put in more than half an hour of work to come up with the vague dismissive suggestions and small blurry images.

That being said, I am happy with the bike as it is after lowering, I think in case of the v650, lowering actually improves the bike. It is a heightened ER-6N and it seems they went just an inch too far with it. That is, of course, when you weigh 145 lbs and measure 5'8''. Perhaps 300-pound people compress the suspension anyway so that they get the same lowering effect without modification.

have to agree, Lust are a joke, i was tempted to send mine back after doing damage to my bike trying to bend the bracket as they suggest, i ended up doing the same as you with the remote resevoir

Offline kblackburn

• Versys Newbie
« Reply #3 on: Jun 22, 2021, 06:37 PM »
Hi,

Is there anyone with the Moto werk kit fitted, that could give me the dimensions of the block, to remount the remote preload adjuster.

kevin

Online Wal

• Versys Mega God
« Reply #4 on: Jun 23, 2021, 12:19 AM »
*Originally Posted by kblackburn [+]
Hi,

Is there anyone with the Moto werk kit fitted, that could give me the dimensions of the block, to remount the remote preload adjuster.

kevin

try Motowerks website.....

Offline kblackburn

• Versys Newbie
« Reply #5 on: Jun 23, 2021, 08:18 AM »
Morning Wal,

can I ask how much did you drop the forks ?

regards

kevin

Online TowerMan

• Information Guru
  • Versys Mega God
  • V.I.G.S. rules OK
  • Bike: V650Mk1 + V1kMk2
  • City / Town: Biggar, Scotland
« Reply #6 on: Jun 23, 2021, 11:21 AM »
Morning Wal,
regards
kevin
Motowerk Front Suspension Lowering instructions / dimensions HERE  :031:
Richard    :001: 

@ Rhayader - Mid Wales

Online Wal

• Versys Mega God
« Reply #7 on: Jun 23, 2021, 04:39 PM »
Morning Wal,

regards

kevin

can't help there as i didn't bother

Offline Krisnow

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 650
  • City / Town: Ko Samui
« Reply #8 on: Jul 20, 2021, 05:46 AM »
the front should be dropped 25mm, according the LR.  Initially, I dropped it only 10mm and the rear shock felt too harsh.  No sure why, the change in geometry someone caused it.