Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Motowerk Lowered bike  (Read 604 times)

Offline montydap21

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Versys650
  • City / Town: Montgomery
Motowerk Lowered bike
« on: Aug 03, 2021, 11:04 AM »
Just a question really. I have lowered the bike with motowerk kit, and it suggests lowering the front as well, but does not insist on it. Should I run the bike first to see how it is handling, first.
Also they show adjusting the chain to make it slacker following lowering, but seems ok to me. Also, will the headlights now need readjusting ? On my old V-strom, I lowered it, with dogbanes, but it never suggested doing anything else.. Lots of questions I know, but all input welcome.. :question:
Montydap21

Offline mac one

• Versys God
Re: Motowerk Lowered bike
« Reply #1 on: Aug 03, 2021, 12:32 PM »
Top of my head 25mm drop on the front forks is the max you can go, easy job and your light should be okay.

Offline Wal

• Versys Ultimate God
  • City / Town: Durham
« Reply #2 on: Aug 03, 2021, 06:26 PM »
i didn't drop my forks after fitting lowering link, didnt feel any difference, chain was ok too...had to adjust the headlight down a bit

Offline montydap21

• Versys Member
« Reply #3 on: Aug 03, 2021, 06:38 PM »
Thanks, I think I will try it out without lowering front forks first, see what it is like.
Back end seems to have dropped quite a lot with the motowerk kit.
At least I will be able to get my feet firmly on the floor now.

Montydap21

Offline Krisnow

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 650
  • City / Town: Ko Samui
« Reply #4 on: Aug 05, 2021, 01:11 AM »
I would think that lowering the front at least 1/3rd of the rear is a good idea, or else the bike is not good in turns and there is too much weight on the rear spring.  The issue that I found with lowering block is that the rear shock becomes harder.  because the shock is now more horizontal the spring begins to behave as if having a higher rate.  I have YSS shock, so to bring the bike to the original softness, I replaced the 180Nm spring with 140Nm. 

Offline montydap21

• Versys Member
« Reply #5 on: Aug 08, 2021, 11:22 AM »
Hi, thanks for the info, I have lowered the front an extra 20mm , which now takes it to 32mm.
Motowerk literature says can be lowered by 44mm. Not a chance, as the bottom clamp would be past the chamfer on the fork leg, so I would only recommend max 35mm on the front in total.
I will let you know how it goes, cheers  :031:
Montydap21