Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: 2022 NVM Suggestions  (Read 1491 times)

Offline gicut58

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 650 '14
  • City / Town: St Snots
Re: 2022 NVM Suggestions
« Reply #20 on: Oct 06, 2021, 09:53 AM »
Hi Y'all,

After this years' fracas at home over not being able to go to the NVM, I have now booked both dates already given, so don't go changing them, specially for September! :004:

Yer ain't gonna please all the people all the time, so how about sticking to the dates already announced?

I also want to update my bike for a new one (thats the plan anyway) so there will be a new 'for sale' item soon, check it out when it shows up -

Cheers,
Garry
Versys 650 '14

Offline Scarabeus

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 650
  • City / Town: Near Cologne
« Reply #21 on: Oct 06, 2021, 11:09 AM »
Please do not change the NI date. I have already booked all ferries (last year) as I am travelling via IoM. My ferry and hotel bookings are fixed.

Andreas

Offline TowerMan

• Information Guru
  • Versys Mega God
  • V.I.G.S. rules OK
  • Bike: V650Mk1 + V1kMk2
  • City / Town: Biggar, Scotland
« Reply #22 on: Oct 06, 2021, 01:22 PM »
*Originally Posted by Scarabeus [+]
Please do not change the NI date. I have already booked all ferries (last year) as I am travelling via IoM. My ferry and hotel bookings are fixed.

Andreas
Ok, The Committee 'has decided' that the dates are now as follows for NVN Parts 1 & 2

1. Hawes - 13th to 15th May 2022  :028:
2. Portrush - 3rd to 5th June 2022  :028:

NVM Part 3    TBC - Early September 2022  :027: (North North)  :notsure:

NVM Part 4    TBC - TBC  :027: (Southern England)  :027:
« Last Edit: Oct 06, 2021, 01:22 PM by TowerMan »
Richard    :001: 

Offline AnotherTringFellow

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000 Mk2
  • City / Town: Lincolnshire
« Reply #23 on: Oct 06, 2021, 03:34 PM »
From one NVM to four what more could anyone need, surely I must be able to make one of them. 🙂
Current bikes,
2007 Versys 650
2016 Versys 1000
2012 W 800

Offline 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 650 MK3
  • City / Town: Leyburn
« Reply #24 on: Oct 06, 2021, 08:55 PM »
We need to have some SERIOUS discussions regarding next years NVM.

I think that we should just have one. And give more thought to the likes of Andreas, he makes a great effort to attend the NVM meetings, but little thought seems to be given to the planning that he needs to put in place every year, in order to attend. We should be encouraging more members / friends to attend, rather than make it awkward for them.

What would you rather be, or a wasp?

Offline Stewie

• Versys Mega God
  • Strong adherent to the number 4
  • Bike: Triumph Rocket 3
  • City / Town: Barwell, Leics.
« Reply #25 on: Oct 06, 2021, 09:21 PM »
Dates for 1 and 2 are fixed.

3 and 4 can be mini meets of anyone wants to arrange something smaller and less formal close to them.

Offline Clunkyboy

• Versys Mega God
  • Scratchin Bros Rider
« Reply #26 on: Oct 06, 2021, 10:27 PM »
The committee  is a group of volunteers who try to push the agenda along for which I thank them, if we have a proper committee then we will be fooked and feck all will happen
Very few NVM dates have ever suited me, May& June is total family birthday car crash, my bag so its up to me to deal with it, I make some I miss some and cut short others.
I for one think if the committee, whoever they are ,stick their  hand up and say its this date then we roll with that, either we can make it or not. If ya really want to be there above everything else then it happens, if it ends up being 2 peeps cos of whatever then it is what it is. Whoever is up for organising it, pick the date and stick with it. I agree with WD choosing a BH is problematical and so doubtful I will be there,  but stick to that date, people need time off work, book ferries what ever, some of that is impossible to change.
And the point of having 4 meets probably tongue in cheek to a large extent, a nod towards trying to please everyone but, when did a rideout Change into an NVM FFS . Think Dilbert once said he was riding out one Saturday from Maccesfield and about 30 of us turned up, doesn't  have to be an expedition, if your out and fancy company post it up, might mean a motorway blast to get there and back but you will see somewhere you haven't before  or enjoy somewhere you have.
Let's keep things simple folks
« Last Edit: Oct 06, 2021, 10:30 PM by Clunkyboy »
MT 5, KH 100, IT 175, XR 250, GPZ 600, GPZ 900, GPZ 750, GSXr 1100, XJ 1100, XJ 1200, Super Tenere, GSX 750, 10YR Break, VERSYS Mk1,VERSYS Mk2