Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: New Versys for 2022 ???  (Read 3645 times)

Stewie, mac one, 100milesaway, ovi, Onslowe, uralrob and 33 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline TowerMan

• Information Guru
  • Versys Mega God
  • V.I.G.S. rules OK
  • Bike: V650Mk1 + V1kMk2
  • City / Town: Biggar, Scotland
New Versys for 2022 ???
« on: Nov 05, 2021, 08:05 PM »
I was just looking through all the main Kawasaki websites (.com, .eu and .co.uk), and every bike they sell, they have the 2022 models listed, except for the Versys 650     :5:

So I'm wondering if one of the new bikes they are going to announced later this month (on the 23rd Now), will be an all new Versys 650.  :notsure:

We can only hope  :38:

1p for you thoughts  :7:

« Last Edit: Nov 05, 2021, 08:37 PM by TowerMan »
Richard    :001: 

Offline Kawaboy

• Versys God
  • Bike: MK1 V / F800GT
  • City / Town: Skiptonish
Re: New Versys for 2022
« Reply #1 on: Nov 05, 2021, 08:07 PM »
Discontinued? End of the line?
I want to retire, no longer required,
I want to get by without the man on my back.

Offline Wal

• Versys Ultimate God
  • City / Town: Durham
Re: New Versys for 2022
« Reply #2 on: Nov 05, 2021, 08:39 PM »
interesting....... :notsure: :notsure: possibly a MK4 coming or maybe a 750 version, i don't think a tarted up MK3 will cut it, needs a big refresh imho

Offline MartinD

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Traitor (VStrom)
  • City / Town: Reading
Re: New Versys for 2022 ???
« Reply #3 on: Nov 09, 2021, 06:28 PM »
Definitely overdue a new version with smart phone connectivity and a dedicated app…

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

🤦‍♂️

Online 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 650 MK3
  • City / Town: Leyburn
« Reply #4 on: Nov 10, 2021, 07:52 AM »
Ah yes, lets have a new Versys.  Lots of rider modes, electronic suspension, blue tooth, lots of apps, cruise control, slick shifter with auto blipper, and, don't forget the  tft dash. Complete with  and lots of other gizmos.

Lots of riders ask for these things, but do they really need them  :question:

There should be a new Versys, but in keeping with it's core values. And not with a astronomical price increase.

What would you rather be, or a wasp?

Offline Wassy

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 650GT
  • City / Town: Southampton
« Reply #5 on: Nov 10, 2021, 09:02 AM »
*Originally Posted by 100milesaway [+]
Ah yes, lets have a new Versys.  Lots of rider modes, electronic suspension, blue tooth, lots of apps, cruise control, slick shifter with auto blipper, and, don't forget the  tft dash. Complete with  and lots of other gizmos.

Lots of riders ask for these things, but do they really need them  :question:

There should be a new Versys, but in keeping with it's core values. And not with a astronomical price increase.

Definitely agree, the latest models of everything are so laden with tech, that they really put me off a second hand buy (which is what I could afford, when it’s time to change). How do I figure out how to fix a 6 way lean IMU ABS system. Or afford to pay main stealer?

There’s definitely a gap in the market now for a well engineered, honest dog of a bike to keep people moving well on the cheap(ish). The Versys does that brilliantly.

But a tad more power from the 650 is required to keep current with the Trident Sport and Tracer 700

Online Stewie

• Versys Mega God
  • Strong adherent to the number 4
  • Bike: Triumph Rocket 3
  • City / Town: Barwell, Leics.
« Reply #6 on: Nov 10, 2021, 10:23 AM »
*Originally Posted by Wassy [+]

Definitely agree, the latest models of everything are so laden with tech, that they really put me off a second hand buy (which is what I could afford, when it’s time to change). How do I figure out how to fix a 6 way lean IMU ABS system. Or afford to pay main stealer?

There’s definitely a gap in the market now for a well engineered, honest dog of a bike to keep people moving well on the cheap(ish). The Versys does that brilliantly.

But a tad more power from the 650 is required to keep current with the Trident Sport and Tracer 700

Plenty of options at the cheaper end of the market, Royal Enfield, CF Moto, Beneli etc.
Cheap and simple options.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Versys Master
« Reply #7 on: Nov 11, 2021, 12:35 PM »
I think this will happen as Kawasaki have submitted type-approval documention in Europe. Probably not a new bike (same engine etc), just styling updates, especially around the front. Quite likely it will match the Versys 1000 in styling.

Details are sketchy but it does appear slightly lower than current bike and have an adjustable screen. And of course maybe some extra tech.

Online 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 650 MK3
  • City / Town: Leyburn
« Reply #8 on: Nov 11, 2021, 07:04 PM »
Mmmm. The MK3 650 was a copy of the front end of the MK2 1000 Versys,  and I don't like the front end of the MK3 1000. So for me it would be a none starter on looks alone,  even without all the new modern technology.

However,  I will reserve my judgement until I see one in the flesh .
What would you rather be, or a wasp?

Offline AnotherTringFellow

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000 Mk2
  • City / Town: Lincolnshire
« Reply #9 on: Nov 11, 2021, 08:32 PM »
Another problem with a new model it's bound to gain weight.  :151:
Current bikes,
2007 Versys 650
2016 Versys 1000
2012 W 800