Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: New Versys for 2022 ???  (Read 3625 times)

Russ d, ovi, Onslowe, uralrob, sullspots, mac one and 31 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Oldplodder

• Versys God
  • still lovin' it
  • Bike: V650 -Spyder LT
  • City / Town: Buckley
Re: New Versys for 2022 ???
« Reply #40 on: Nov 23, 2021, 10:15 PM »
I wouldn't say no to one. I think it looks quite good.

Dave T
Now needing stabilisers

Offline Flying v2

• Versys Pro
  • Careful now
  • Bike: V-strom defector
  • City / Town: Hednesford
« Reply #41 on: Nov 23, 2021, 11:13 PM »
Well I honestly thought this year couldn't get any worse but......
On the positive side it as been a great bike for many years so it still is,  but I cannot see a waiting list.
I'm going out on my bike.

Online uralrob

• Versys Ultimate God
  • Bike: 14 V 650 15 V1k
  • City / Town: Bridgewater NS
« Reply #42 on: Nov 24, 2021, 01:15 AM »

Also unexcited for much the same reasons given by others.

This only brings the 650 one step closer to being a somewhat smaller version of the 1000 but without the perks of that great engine.

Rob.
Don't take Life too serious, it's not permanent.

Online Shandy

• Versys Master
  • Support Your NHS
  • Bike: Mk3 Versys650 GT
  • City / Town: Sidcup, Kent
« Reply #43 on: Nov 24, 2021, 08:40 AM »
Slightly different position for me.

the PCP on my 2019 Mk3 V650 is coming to an end, so I have to change bikes, and the release date is just in time for me to do that.

I actually like the looks and the LED lighting is a welcome upgrade!

I currently have a deposit down on the new Triumph Tiger Sport 660 and when spec'd up to how I want it, it's coming in at just under 10k. however, the Triumph Ride app is an optional extra, not wanted by me. So technically the V650 GT at just over 10k is better value, al be it for something I don't want.

I know the Triumph does not have cruise control, I can't see any mention of it on the V650. If the V650 has got CC then that'll sway me back towards the big K. Otherwise, the increased service intervals, greater capacity and triple engine will likely mean I stay with the Triumph.
But having said that, Kawasaki usually have a better finance deal, so depends what happens.
A Motorcycle Is For Life, Not Just Sunny Days!

Online Onslowe

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: xsr700
  • City / Town: Middlesbrough
« Reply #44 on: Nov 24, 2021, 10:04 AM »
Go for the Tiger Sport 660 if I were you, the Versys was a brilliant bike when it 1st came out but not moved on that much in the 15 or so years it has been on the go. It could do with less weight, more power, rather than just new plastics and a fancy speedo. I think the Tiger should be a real upgrade, more power, less weight and looks good, it would be rude not to give it a try.  The Yamaha Tracer is a good alternative but just a sideways move rather than an upgrade I guess. Good look with your final choice, either option will be a good package.
FS1E, RS100DX, GP125, MTX200, GSX550EF, CB750, TDM850, PEGASO 650, XT500, RD250B, DRZ400, VERSYS 650, W800, XSR700

Online Shandy

• Versys Master
  • Support Your NHS
« Reply #45 on: Nov 24, 2021, 10:11 AM »
*Originally Posted by Onslowe [+]
Go for the Tiger Sport 660 if I were you, the Versys was a brilliant bike when it 1st came out but not moved on that much in the 15 or so years it has been on the go. It could do with less weight, more power, rather than just new plastics and a fancy speedo. I think the Tiger should be a real upgrade, more power, less weight and looks good, it would be rude not to give it a try.  The Yamaha Tracer is a good alternative but just a sideways move rather than an upgrade I guess. Good look with your final choice, either option will be a good package.

Thanks Onslowe,

I'd be lying if I said I hadn't become attached to the Kawasaki brand, but you're right it's not a real upgrade. i think Kawasaki will do something better in the next few years, trouble is keeping costs down and spec up.
It does need more power and less weight. That will require better breaks and suspension though too. It's a real shame Kawasaki have left it for so long without doing something.
i think their hand has been forced by Triumph coming into the 'middleweight' tourer market.

Online uralrob

• Versys Ultimate God
  • Bike: 14 V 650 15 V1k
  • City / Town: Bridgewater NS
« Reply #46 on: Nov 24, 2021, 11:29 AM »

" It's a real shame Kawasaki have left it for so long without doing something."

Agreed. They also did it with the KLR and with the ZG1000 Concours. By the time the upgrades were made the competition had pulled ahead..

Rob.
Don't take Life too serious, it's not permanent.

Offline Flying v2

• Versys Pro
  • Careful now
  • Bike: V-strom defector
  • City / Town: Hednesford
« Reply #47 on: Nov 24, 2021, 12:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by Shandy [+]
Thanks Onslowe,

I'd be lying if I said I hadn't become attached to the Kawasaki brand, but you're right it's not a real upgrade. i think Kawasaki will do something better in the next few years, trouble is keeping costs down and spec up.
It does need more power and less weight. That will require better breaks and suspension though too. It's a real shame Kawasaki have left it for so long without doing something.
i think their hand has been forced by Triumph coming into the 'middleweight' tourer market.
Just brought a 1050 v strom pre reg £8500 0n road 100 plus bhp and 100 nm torque at 6K. It comes with a rather useless 3 year warranty that I will never ever need or use!
Did buy a triumph once the warranty was used a great deal,  pays your money and makes your choice.
« Last Edit: Nov 24, 2021, 12:33 PM by Flying v2 »
I'm going out on my bike.

Online Shandy

• Versys Master
  • Support Your NHS
« Reply #48 on: Nov 24, 2021, 02:17 PM »
I had the 150 tiger Sport and must say that before the V, it was the most versatile and reliable bike I ever owned.

i had the original Tiger 800 in 2014 too and that was a little hit and miss, but I was still learning about bike maintenance back then and, although I'm still learning, I feel I could look after a new bike now.

Triumphs have been hit and miss, and it's true Kawasaki would last the winter better I think.

But it's a shame, there so close together in monies that it could litterally come down to if the V now has CC or not! OR even the finance offered.

Sorry but I wouldn't buy a Suzuki, especially not an older one, characterless and boring, not to be confused with reliable. As an NHS employee, I get discount on Suzuki's and still chose the V650. The dealer even steered me away from the V-storm.
I understand they work for some, and fair play you got what seems like a good deal. But you gotta ask yourself, why couldn't they sell it otherwise?
If you like the V-Storm that's great, and I am genuinely pleased for you. i tried both and there just not for me.

I do like the look of the new Suzuki 1000 GT though, although again, it's so close in price to the Ninja SX, which is better equipped and proven, why would you go for the Suzuki. i'm sorry but Suzuki need a lifebelt and fast!

Offline bobthebiker

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 650
« Reply #49 on: Nov 24, 2021, 04:26 PM »
The TFT screen, the rider modes and any other tech stuff was eventually going to be introduced. Most reviews of bikes on youtube, for example, seem to be packed with people celebrating all things techy😒 Reading the comments then people seem to love this stuff. Disappointment sets in if a bike doesn't have connectability to an app that connects to your watch which can transfer to your tv that can be downloaded onto a computer database mainframe🥱

Older models stood out from the crowd but I feel they're all heading in the same general direction now.

Design wise I think the front fairing cowl thingy looks a bit odd. I was stuck on the Mk2 headlight so was never really mad on the Ninja style headlight.

I am happy that they stayed at the 650 personally. I'm far far far from being a skilled rider and I enjoy the moving up and down the gearbox on tight nadgery(if thats a word) country/mountain roads. Now I've never ridden a Mk3 so perhaps the extra weight on those models stifled the bike a bit.

Does this count as the Mk4??💁‍♂️