Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: New Versys for 2022 ???  (Read 3649 times)

Stewie, 100milesaway, ovi, Onslowe, uralrob and 36 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Gustavo

• Hardcore Member
  • Versys Mega God
  • Wanna be moto magazine writer
  • Bike: Classic Red
Re: New Versys for 2022 ???
« Reply #50 on: Nov 24, 2021, 07:38 PM »
*Originally Posted by Shandy [+]
I currently have a deposit down on the new Triumph Tiger Sport 660 and when spec'd up to how I want it, it's coming in at just under 10k. however, the Triumph Ride app is an optional extra, not wanted by me. So technically the V650 GT at just over 10k is better value, al be it for something I don't want.

I know the Triumph does not have cruise control, I can't see any mention of it on the V650. If the V650 has got CC then that'll sway me back towards the big K. Otherwise, the increased service intervals, greater capacity and triple engine will likely mean I stay with the Triumph.
But having said that, Kawasaki usually have a better finance deal, so depends what happens.

I doubt it will offer CC.  It's possible to do, but a bit more involved on bikes that aren't ride-by-wire, which is why I doubt it will be offered until the engine goes through a major upgrade.  The Triumph is RBW, so technically, it would be easy for Triumph to add it.  My guess is that if they decide to offer CC, it may become available during the next refresh, to increase interest after it had been on the market for a while.  Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be on the right schedule for you.  Maybe for your next bike...   :016:

Gustavo
Always yield to temptation, it may not pass your way again - Ken Morton

Offline TowerMan

• Information Guru
  • Versys Mega God
  • V.I.G.S. rules OK
  • Bike: V650Mk1 + V1kMk2
  • City / Town: Biggar, Scotland
« Reply #51 on: Nov 24, 2021, 08:36 PM »
Yes, this model is to be known as the Mk4  :028:  :028:
Richard    :001: 

Online 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 650 MK3
  • City / Town: Leyburn
« Reply #52 on: Nov 25, 2021, 08:55 PM »
*Originally Posted by TowerMan [+]
Yes, this model is to be known as the Mk4  :028:  :028:
It has 4 improvements  :question: that would be of no use whatsoever to me.

TFT dash.      I would much rather look at the scenery .

LED lighting.  I never ride my bike in the dark, and suggest that 99% of

motorcyclists don't either.

Rideology. I don't own a smart phone, so that wouldn't work for me,

Traction control. I did 50 thousand miles on my Versys 1000, which was fitted with traction control. The only time it activated was whilst being intimidated by me, by accelerating hard over wet cattle grids.

One of these days, manufacturers, may like to improve some features that bikes already have, and have had for many years. How nice would proper adjustability in riding positions, and general comfort  :question: be.

How nice would it be, if manufacturers didn't list as an extra " Comfort seats ". Do we not deserve a comfortable seat as standard  :question:

Proper mudguards, ( remember them ), that didn't succeed in just re cycling all the road crap, and spreading it all over our pride and joy.

But no, it is not going to happen, instead, they will just feed us more and more moto GP Developed nonsense, like quick shifters, auto blippers, winglets, plus endless electronic gadgets, whilst the price of new bikes carries on being out of masses of present, and possibly future motorcyclists reach.

OK rant over.  I'm off out tomorrow to buy a set of those racing leathers that have a huge hump on the back. Apparently  I can knock zero point 1per cent of a second of my journey time from here to Devils bridge by being super sleek, and aerodynamic ( They are unaware that I am a fat barsteward) But hey hum, motorcyclists will fall for anything these days. :008:

What would you rather be, or a wasp?

Offline Gustavo

• Hardcore Member
  • Versys Mega God
  • Wanna be moto magazine writer
  • Bike: Classic Red
« Reply #53 on: Nov 25, 2021, 09:25 PM »
That was a good rant.   :mfr_lol:

Gustavo
Always yield to temptation, it may not pass your way again - Ken Morton

Online uralrob

• Versys Ultimate God
  • Bike: 14 V 650 15 V1k
  • City / Town: Bridgewater NS
« Reply #54 on: Nov 25, 2021, 11:11 PM »

I absolutely agree, 100milesaway. Yours is no rant, just plain common sense.
 But glad to hear of the hump on your back. Time is of the essence  :2: .

Rob.
Don't take Life too serious, it's not permanent.

Offline Gripped74

• Versys Pro
  • Wales........... the open road
  • Bike: Mk 3 V650
« Reply #55 on: Nov 25, 2021, 11:41 PM »
Also agree.

I think bikes have become toys over the years for those who can afford it.  I admit I am one of them - I have a bike just for fun and I don't really need it for transport.

The sad fact is (as noted above) is they are no longer affordable budget transport. The Royal Enfield 650 is probably the closest, but that is unusual. With many bikes costing  similar to a car.

Anyway, I'd rather Kwak had spent their money on getting a bit more power out of the V650 than fitting new gizmos.
2015 Versys 650
2007 KLE650 orange, 2007 KLE650 black
2003 Yamaha YZF600R Thundercat, 2003 Honda VFR800
2002 Yamaha FZS600 Fazer, 2003 Honda XL125V Varadero

Offline Wal

• Versys Ultimate God
  • City / Town: Durham
« Reply #56 on: Yesterday at 01:16 AM »
*Originally Posted by 100milesaway [+]
It has 4 improvements  :question: that would be of no use whatsoever to me.

TFT dash.      I would much rather look at the scenery .

LED lighting.  I never ride my bike in the dark, and suggest that 99% of

motorcyclists don't either.

Rideology. I don't own a smart phone, so that wouldn't work for me,

Traction control. I did 50 thousand miles on my Versys 1000, which was fitted with traction control. The only time it activated was whilst being intimidated by me, by accelerating hard over wet cattle grids.

One of these days, manufacturers, may like to improve some features that bikes already have, and have had for many years. How nice would proper adjustability in riding positions, and general comfort  :question: be.

How nice would it be, if manufacturers didn't list as an extra " Comfort seats ". Do we not deserve a comfortable seat as standard  :question:

Proper mudguards, ( remember them ), that didn't succeed in just re cycling all the road crap, and spreading it all over our pride and joy.

But no, it is not going to happen, instead, they will just feed us more and more moto GP Developed nonsense, like quick shifters, auto blippers, winglets, plus endless electronic gadgets, whilst the price of new bikes carries on being out of masses of present, and possibly future motorcyclists reach.

OK rant over.  I'm off out tomorrow to buy a set of those racing leathers that have a huge hump on the back. Apparently  I can knock zero point 1per cent of a second of my journey time from here to Devils bridge by being super sleek, and aerodynamic ( They are unaware that I am a fat barsteward) But hey hum, motorcyclists will fall for anything these days. :008:

i can narrow that rant down to a few words.........".more and more useless choice....but less satisfaction"

in fact i believe endless choice has become the new satisfaction and many people don't know any other

Online uralrob

• Versys Ultimate God
  • Bike: 14 V 650 15 V1k
  • City / Town: Bridgewater NS
« Reply #57 on: Yesterday at 02:15 AM »

I question whether there's any satisfaction in endless choice at all, which is why some people keep grasping for 'different' with little thought to function.

When abs first became available on the 650 here in Canada I hurried out, wallet in hand. 85k km later I have yet to use it in action. If I were to get into a dire situation, quicker reaction times in the noggin would almost certainly be of more help than abs  :008:.

Now, where were we .... :034:

Rob.

Don't take Life too serious, it's not permanent.

Offline Clunkyboy

• Versys Mega God
  • Scratchin Bros Rider
« Reply #58 on: Yesterday at 07:32 AM »
LED lights yes , I'll happily take them as someone who does ride in the dark from time to time and dusk quite often, no harm in being able to see better  and a clear modern dash.Traction control and rideology, feckin   waste of money but a way for kwack to charge more money for virtually nothing, they have already developed it and done the costly bit.
MT 5, KH 100, IT 175, XR 250, GPZ 600, GPZ 900, GPZ 750, GSXr 1100, XJ 1100, XJ 1200, Super Tenere, GSX 750, 10YR Break, VERSYS Mk1,VERSYS Mk2

Offline bobthebiker

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 650
« Reply #59 on: Yesterday at 01:28 PM »
*Originally Posted by 100milesaway [+]
OK rant over.

You've hit the nail on the head tho in all fairness. The comfort seat point had me laughing🤣🤣🤣