Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Anyone got a Shoei NXR 2 or a GT air 2?  (Read 1118 times)

Offline Micklel

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: Versys 650 ABS
  • City / Town: Stamford
Anyone got a Shoei NXR 2 or a GT air 2?
« on: Nov 26, 2021, 06:15 PM »
Are helmets accessories or products 🤔 anyway Iím looking to replace my old Shoei Qwest & canít make my mind up about the Shoei NXR 2 or GT air 2 (I have a Shoei head shape)  anyone had any experience with one on the V? Iím not too bothered about any sun visor as I wear transition lens specs, one is supposed to be more ďsportyĒ but I donít race & donít tour really, Just plod along on rides for up to 3/4 hours at a time.  Thoughts would be welcome 👍
Honda c50, Honda CB175, Yamaha RD250, Suzuki GT750, Suzuki GS1000E, HD1200 Sport, Yamaha Fazer 600, Kawasaki Versys 650 ABS

Offline grumpyoldgit

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Mk1 Versys 650
  • City / Town: Swansea (ish)
Re: Anyone got a Shoei NXR 2 or a GT air 2?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 26, 2021, 10:35 PM »
I think the difference between sport and touring helmets is the aerodynamics are designed to be more suitable to head down or head up, so if like me you just plod around for a few hours you would be more tourer than sport, unless of course you ride with your chin on the tank :)

I too have a Shoei shaped head and ended up with the Neotec to make it easier getting my specs on and off (actually I can put the lid on and remove it without having to take me specs if the chin bar is up.)

Offline Micklel

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: Versys 650 ABS
  • City / Town: Stamford
« Reply #2 on: Nov 27, 2021, 07:06 AM »
*Originally Posted by grumpyoldgit [+]
I think the difference between sport and touring helmets is the aerodynamics are designed to be more suitable to head down or head up, so if like me you just plod around for a few hours you would be more tourer than sport, unless of course you ride with your chin on the tank :)

I too have a Shoei shaped head and ended up with the Neotec to make it easier getting my specs on and off (actually I can put the lid on and remove it without having to take me specs if the chin bar is up.)

I like the principle of the flip up but Iím not sold on their safety, Iím sure they have improved over the years & if the plods use them they probably are.  I think youíre right about the tourer rather than the sports, will have to go & try them on.
Honda c50, Honda CB175, Yamaha RD250, Suzuki GT750, Suzuki GS1000E, HD1200 Sport, Yamaha Fazer 600, Kawasaki Versys 650 ABS

Offline Topbox

• Versys Pro
  • City / Town: Leeds
« Reply #3 on: Nov 27, 2021, 02:56 PM »
I have the GT Air II, I like it I chose it cos its lighter than the flip up and wear and tear on my neck needs all the help it can get.

Canít speak for the flip up.

Defo like the integrated comms

TB

Offline OneBlackDog

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: KLE650 & KLR650
  • City / Town: Brisbane, Aus
« Reply #4 on: Feb 26, 2022, 04:38 AM »
 :008: Late to the party as usual...

I have a Shoei Hornet that fits wonderfully - like it was made for my head, 10+ hour days are no problem. But I wanted a helmet without the visor so I tried on the GT Air II. It's not the same as the Hornet, not at all. So I tried an HJC - RHPA 70 and it is very close to the Hornet, so I bought one. No regrets!