Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Bike-Seal motorcycle tyre sealant  (Read 1252 times)

Offline oldleathers

• Ex Member - Moved On
  • Versys Pro
Bike-Seal motorcycle tyre sealant
« on: Dec 05, 2021, 08:52 PM »
A few months back I put Bike-Seal in the tyres, Don't know if any of you guys have seen the youtube vid on this but basically the owner of the company is banging nails and pointed chisels in the tyres spinning them and this stuff apparently stops the puncture straight away. So fooled by the vid I paid 30 quid for enough for the front and back tyres. Fast forward a few weeks and I get a 2mm nail in the back tyre, pulled it out and a few bubbles of the stuff came out but didn't stop the puncture, put some more air in the tyre, put the bike on the centre stand and spun the wheel in gear, still didn't seal. contacted the owner of bike seal and was told I did not understand the product Hmmmm and I had been rude to him in my email and don't contact him again...nice Contacted Infinity Motorcycles who issued me with a £30 voucher no quibble, good on em. Anyway don't waste your money on this stuff I know some of the other seals work but I went for Bike-Seal because it's water based and doesn't affect your rims, pity it doesn't work either. Rant over, this is my experience only, before I get sued.
Oldleathers   

Offline Siberman

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: versys 650
Re: Bike-Seal motorcycle tyre sealant
« Reply #1 on: Dec 06, 2021, 05:37 AM »
Another ‘Del boy’ product. Thanks for sharing your experience, what a ripoff.
I'm sorry, really bad reception here, you said your name was Dr. who?

Offline Shandy

• Versys Master
  • Support Your NHS
  • Bike: Tiger Sport 660
  • City / Town: Sidcup, Kent
« Reply #2 on: Dec 06, 2021, 10:10 AM »
Had a slow puncture causing problems during the NVM and Jay kindly gave me some similar stuff, designed for 4x4 tyres.
Needless to say it didn't work, and I'd imagine that stuff would have been designed to withstand tougher circumstances being 4x4 based.
I don't think it's necessarily this brand that's naff, I just think the whole idea of expanding foam in tyres is a bit of a fad.
It'd be nice if it did work, but like most things, if it's too good to be true...
A Motorcycle Is For Life, Not Just Sunny Days!

Offline oldleathers

• Ex Member - Moved On
  • Versys Pro
« Reply #3 on: Dec 06, 2021, 05:45 PM »
Apparently Nasa invented this stuff according to the blokes spiel, I don't think even Michael Jackson would trust this stuff on a moon walk, if he was still with us.
Oldleathers :38:

Offline BigAlan

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Oxford
« Reply #4 on: Dec 06, 2021, 07:47 PM »
A few years ago when I had a blade I used this stuff, it worked a treat when at silverstone I noticed a nail in the rear tyre, left it in until I got home then pulled it out, as I say it worked for me.

Offline NI-Jay

• Versys Master
  • Slow and Steady Wins the Race!
  • Bike: V1K 2020 SE GT
  • City / Town: Coleraine
« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 2022, 08:33 AM »
*Originally Posted by Shandy [+]
Had a slow puncture causing problems during the NVM and Jay kindly gave me some similar stuff, designed for 4x4 tyres.
Needless to say it didn't work, and I'd imagine that stuff would have been designed to withstand tougher circumstances being 4x4 based.
I don't think it's necessarily this brand that's naff, I just think the whole idea of expanding foam in tyres is a bit of a fad.
It'd be nice if it did work, but like most things, if it's too good to be true...

Worked for me… I think it’s the tyres you had!
Used it for many years and never a bad experience.
Slow is smooth and smooth is fast!
1st ever Strap-on award winner!!!
2019!!!
V650 GT 2018 (2018 - 2020)
V1K SE GT 2020 (2020 - Present)

Offline oldleathers

• Ex Member - Moved On
  • Versys Pro
« Reply #6 on: Jan 19, 2022, 05:02 PM »
 I think it’s the tyres you had!!! Hmmmm, they were 6 month old Bridgestones, the product doesn't specify for certain tyres only that would be ridiculous.

Offline NI-Jay

• Versys Master
  • Slow and Steady Wins the Race!
  • Bike: V1K 2020 SE GT
  • City / Town: Coleraine
« Reply #7 on: Jan 19, 2022, 05:11 PM »
*Originally Posted by oldleathers [+]
I think it’s the tyres you had!!! Hmmmm, they were 6 month old Bridgestones, the product doesn't specify for certain tyres only that would be ridiculous.

That comment was a joke aimed at Shandy…
Slow is smooth and smooth is fast!
1st ever Strap-on award winner!!!
2019!!!
V650 GT 2018 (2018 - 2020)
V1K SE GT 2020 (2020 - Present)

Offline Shandy

• Versys Master
  • Support Your NHS
  • Bike: Tiger Sport 660
  • City / Town: Sidcup, Kent
« Reply #8 on: Jan 23, 2022, 02:18 AM »
*Originally Posted by oldleathers [+]

You're right, and Jay just is THAT ridiculous!    :008:  :4:
A Motorcycle Is For Life, Not Just Sunny Days!