Author General Discussion  (Read 1817 times)

• Offline Clubpenguin

• Versys Pro  ‐    175

Offline Clubpenguin

• Versys Pro
    • hyde
    • Bike: versys grand
    • City / Town: Manchester
    Re: General Discussion
    Reply #20 on: May 15, 2022, 07:27 pm
    May 15, 2022, 07:27 pm
    *Originally Posted by NI-Jay [+]
    One very tired Irishman home finally.

Thanks for a great weekend lads (and ladies)

Next adventure is baby being born lol.

Jay

Apart from organising a road trip in a few weeks
    chris and keeley

• Online whiskydave   gb

• Versys Mega God  ‐    8414

Online whiskydave

• Versys Mega God
    • Bike: Yamaha Traitor
    Reply #21 on: May 15, 2022, 08:48 pm
    May 15, 2022, 08:48 pm
    *Originally Posted by NI-Jay [+]
    What happened Chris? Is he ok?

Michael crashed! He’s doing ok. Still no word of the bike being collected as far as I am aware. I will find out later.

Jay
    We had a ride up this morning and the bike is gone.Either nicked or recovered.😅. Absolutely knackered today, thanks for the double whiskies last night lads.🤪
    Great to meet up again with some old faces. Jay and Adam, absolute stars for sorting Micheal out, much appreciated. Roll on next year. Geoff, I may even do the full rideout next time.😅👍

• Online 100milesaway   gb

• Versys God  ‐    2284

Online 100milesaway

• Versys God
    • Bike: Versys 650 MK3
    • City / Town: Leyburn
    Reply #22 on: May 16, 2022, 02:37 pm
    May 16, 2022, 02:37 pm
    Well, another NVM has been and gone. This one a little more eventful than my previous 7 ?   Michaels unfortunate spill cast a bit of a shadow over proceedings, coupled with Jonnsters illness, which poleaxed him for pretty much the whole weekend, was not what they, nor us where hoping for.

But lets be thankful for small mercies, Michaels accident could have been a lot worse, and may well have been had we not had two professional people in the group, who knew exactly what to do, and indeed what not to do. and although Michael was carted off in an ambulance  with a few worrying signs, later reports confirmed that all would be ok with him after a bit of rest. So get well soon Michael, and we hope to see you on next years NVM. Unfortunately as a result of the accident Jay, Shandy,  Stewie and Whisky Dave took no further part in the proceedings. Michael needed help and these lads stepped up to the plate. So well done boys. :020: :020: :020:

Johnnster just got unlucky with the bug that he picked up, but hopefully he is now feeling lots better.

So that's the invalids dealt with.  The rest of us had a really good day. The weather gods played along, with a very pleasantly warm, turning in the afternoon, to a hot day.  With the only problem being shifting the dead creatures from our visors, on a regular basis. I think that most participants enjoyed the route, which had a last minute change so as to avoid a recently repaired ( badly ) road surface.

The lunch stop, Tan hill stop and the ice cream stop seemed to go down well. Richard especially enjoyed the Wensleydale ice cream, if fact he enjoyed it so much that he had 2 of um  :1: :1:

Myself, Tail gunner Andy and his good lady Rachel, Richard, Dave (Old Plodder ) and John ( the rat ) who by the way is a very funny man when fuelled by beer, enjoyed a lovely meal in Cockitts restaurant . We also enjoyed the best waiter ever, who had a fantastic sense of humour. And we actually got serenaded by a young chap who thought he was Elvis the pelvis.

So, all in all apart from the unfortunates mentioned, a great weekend . Which was blessed by good, and dry weather, with a few sightings of awesome vistas thrown in. And of course, a mention of the  fantastic company from one and all.

Also many thanks to my buddy Andy, who actually believes that he is my carer, for his tail end Charlie duties . Also a big shout out to Richard for his sat nav routes which he posted, (without Richard most of you would still be wandering around in circles once past the end of your street ) :008:

Thanks from me to everyone who attended, and hope it was worth the trip for you all. And here's to the next time  :031:
    Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 03:05 pm by 100milesaway
    What would you rather be, or a wasp?

• Offline Oldplodder   wales

• Versys God  ‐    1954

Offline Oldplodder

• Versys God
    • still lovin' it
    • Bike: V650 -Spyder RTL
    • City / Town: Buckley
    Reply #23 on: May 16, 2022, 04:38 pm
    May 16, 2022, 04:38 pm
    Thank YOU, Geoff for the excellent route. Really enjoyed it. Was completely kn*****d by the end of the day.
    As you say- great company for the Saturday evening.
    Dave T
    Now needing stabilisers

• Online 100milesaway   gb

• Versys God  ‐    2284

Online 100milesaway

• Versys God
    • Bike: Versys 650 MK3
    • City / Town: Leyburn
    Reply #24 on: May 16, 2022, 08:51 pm
    May 16, 2022, 08:51 pm
    *Originally Posted by Oldplodder [+]
    Thank YOU, Geoff for the excellent route. Really enjoyed it. Was completely kn*****d by the end of the day.
    As you say- great company for the Saturday evening.
    Dave T
    Thank you Dave.

I phoned Andy on Sunday morning, seeing as he was already in Hawes I thought that he may fancy a warm down ride, he agreed,  so we set off on a  shortie  :whistle: We stopped off in Orton for a brew.

We both agreed that we felt knackered,  so decided to go to Kirkby Lonsdales Devils bridge which is about 20 miles to his house, and about 40 to mine.

After an half hour chin wag I left to go home via Ribblehead viaduct.  Unfortunately there has been a very serious accident just beyond the viaduct heading to Hawes and the road was closed, complete with lots of tailed back traffic.

There are then only 2 options for me to get home. The first is back to Kirkby Lonsdale,  then to Sedbergh, then on the road past Garsdale then on to Hawes.  So I thought, I did that yesterday on the ride out and decided on the other option instead.

So back to Ribblehead, went left to Stainforth, then up to Malham tarn. Arncliffe, then Kettlewell then over the fell to Middleham.

What a ball ache. Approaching Kettlewell there's a  police officer stood in the road patting me down, and just beyond her was a Transit van lying on it's side in the road.

By now I am totally frazzled, and thinking I would never get home. But the police officer was an angel and let me squeeze past the stricken van.

By now both Andy and Lyn are in a mad flap. ( I said that I would phone Andy on my arrival home) , that was at about 2 bells, and I had left Lyn a note saying that I should be home at about 3 bells, it is now gone 4 bells and I'm still rolling along .

I eventually arrived home at about half 4, after a 45 mile diversion.  Needless to say I was completely knacked.

The so called warm down !!!! ride total mileage was more than I had done on the NVM ride out. But boy did I sleep well last night.
    What would you rather be, or a wasp?

• Offline bobthebiker   ie

• Versys Pro  ‐    135

Offline bobthebiker

• Versys Pro
    • Bike: Versys 650
    Reply #25 on: May 17, 2022, 03:34 pm
    May 17, 2022, 03:34 pm
    *Originally Posted by Oldplodder [+]
    Hi Bob,

It was good to see you.
    Hopefully we can meet up for a brew when my wife and I come over at the end of June.

Dave T

Likewise Dave👍 That sounds like a good plan👍

• Offline Onslowe   england

• Versys Pro  ‐    454

Offline Onslowe

• Versys Pro
    • Bike: xsr700
    • City / Town: Middlesbrough
    Reply #26 on: May 21, 2022, 06:21 pm
    May 21, 2022, 06:21 pm
    Did the committee meet at Hawes ? I know all of the members (The Member) are/is attending the Northern Ireland NVM but there are normally a few rumours circulating after any NVM but so far nothing so just being nosey  :notsure:
    FS1E, RS100DX, GP125, MTX200, GSX550EF, CB750, TDM850, PEGASO 650, XT500, RD250B, DRZ400, VERSYS 650, W800, XSR700

• Offline NI-Jay   gb

• Versys Master  ‐    701

Offline NI-Jay

• Versys Master
    • Slow and Steady Wins the Race!
    • Bike: V1K 2020 SE GT
    • City / Town: Coleraine
    Reply #27 on: May 21, 2022, 07:15 pm
    May 21, 2022, 07:15 pm
    The committee did meet, in a secret hidden bunker in Hawes! They schemed and planned, using trickery and deceit to cover their tracks. :107::107:

This is what they came up with…

The next NVM location and dates has been decided but will be given out a little later.  :152: :celebrate:
    Slow is smooth and smooth is fast!
    1st ever Strap-on award winner!!!
    2019!!!
    V650 GT 2018 (2018 - 2020)
    V1K SE GT 2020 (2020 - Present)

• Online Stewie   gb

• Versys Mega God  ‐    7763

Online Stewie

• Versys Mega God
    • Strong adherent to the number 4
    • Bike: Triumph Rocket 3
    • City / Town: Barwell, Leics.
    Reply #28 on: May 21, 2022, 08:20 pm
    May 21, 2022, 08:20 pm
    Richard decided we will visit Biggar next year.

Dates TBC.

• Online whiskydave   gb

• Versys Mega God  ‐    8414

Online whiskydave

• Versys Mega God
    • Bike: Yamaha Traitor
    Reply #29 on: May 21, 2022, 09:25 pm
    May 21, 2022, 09:25 pm
    *Originally Posted by Stewie [+]
    Richard decided we will visit Biggar next year.

Dates TBC.
    Everyone knew that....not much of a secret.🤔

allergic