Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Saturday Rideout  (Read 1727 times)

Online BigAlan

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Oxford
Re: Saturday Rideout
« Reply #20 on: Jan 26, 2022, 10:17 PM »
*Originally Posted by 100milesaway [+]
Bloody hell Alan, we are usually looking for a breakfast stop 100 miles away by 9.45. :008: If I had my way, I would have your lot on parade at half 7. :celebrate:

If it was a game of golf then I can make any tee time, still learning these bike things after all I only have 49 years experience to your (insert number here) years.

Up the yellows.

Online 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 650 MK3
  • City / Town: Leyburn
« Reply #21 on: Jan 26, 2022, 10:44 PM »
*Originally Posted by BigAlan [+]
If it was a game of golf then I can make any tee time, still learning these bike things after all I only have 49 years experience to your (insert number here) years.

Up the yellows.
Mmmmm, now let me see.

4 years in the fields near where I used to live. Then 54 years since passing my test.    :019:
What would you rather be, or a wasp?

Offline TYKE

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: BMW R 1250 GS TE
  • City / Town: Cumbria
« Reply #22 on: Jan 27, 2022, 09:13 AM »
Ey Up Geoff following our chat last night, it a possibility for me to join the ride out on Saturday,  depending, of course, on my rate of recovery...fingers crossed.   :notsure: 

As you suggested I could high tail it back home after the Middleton in Teesdale lunch stop.    :028:   
Make every second count, make every moment special.

Online 100milesaway

• Versys God
« Reply #23 on: Jan 27, 2022, 10:19 AM »
*Originally Posted by TYKE [+]
Ey Up Geoff following our chat last night, it a possibility for me to join the ride out on Saturday,  depending, of course, on my rate of recovery...fingers crossed.   :notsure: 

As you suggested I could high tail it back home after the Middleton in Teesdale lunch stop.    :028:
Yep,  you would be more than welcome Rog. You will be absolutely skipping by the time the NVM comes around.   :banana: :banana:

As you know, the first part of the route is a motorycling gem, with massive chunks of fantastic vistas thrown in .

I'm hoping to see you long before May though, when you are back mobile again a meet up at the Nook may be a good start.

Maybe Richard could bring some of is pleated skirt wearing mates down to join us. :008:

Offline TYKE

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: BMW R 1250 GS TE
  • City / Town: Cumbria
« Reply #24 on: Jan 27, 2022, 11:23 AM »
*Originally Posted by 100milesaway [+]
Yep,  you would be more than welcome Rog. You will be absolutely skipping by the time the NVM comes around.   :banana: :banana:

As you know, the first part of the route is a motorycling gem, with massive chunks of fantastic vistas thrown in .

I'm hoping to see you long before May though, when you are back mobile again a meet up at the Nook may be a good start.

Maybe Richard could bring some of is pleated skirt wearing mates down to join us. :008:

Is this a ride out or a RuPaul rehearsal     :007:   :008: 
Make every second count, make every moment special.

Offline TowerMan

• Information Guru
  • Versys Mega God
  • V.I.G.S. rules OK
  • Bike: V650Mk1 + V1kMk2
  • City / Town: Biggar, Scotland
« Reply #25 on: Apr 07, 2022, 11:37 PM »
And for those with SatNags the rideout route looks something like this  :notsure: :notsure:

https://www.myrouteapp.com/en/social/route/5547511?mode=share
Richard    :001: 

PS -        

Offline Clunkyboy

• Versys Mega God
  • Scratchin Bros Rider
« Reply #26 on: Apr 08, 2022, 09:30 AM »
 :biker1: :biker1: :biker1:
MT 5, KH 100, IT 175, XR 250, GPZ 600, GPZ 900, GPZ 750, GSXr 1100, XJ 1100, XJ 1200, Super Tenere, GSX 750, 10YR Break, VERSYS Mk1,VERSYS Mk2

Offline TowerMan

• Information Guru
  • Versys Mega God
  • V.I.G.S. rules OK
  • Bike: V650Mk1 + V1kMk2
  • City / Town: Biggar, Scotland
« Reply #27 on: Apr 08, 2022, 09:46 AM »
*Originally Posted by TowerMan [+]
And for those with SatNags the rideout route looks something like this  :notsure: :notsure:

https://www.myrouteapp.com/en/social/route/5547511?mode=share
I hope i have deciphered Geoff's instructions properly, but it was difficult as I not sure of his dialect / origins as he may be a

:notsure:   or a     :027: :lostit:

or he could be one of these buggers :138:
« Last Edit: Apr 08, 2022, 09:47 AM by TowerMan »
Richard    :001: 

PS -        

Online 100milesaway

• Versys God
« Reply #28 on: Apr 23, 2022, 08:40 PM »
As you know Richard, I am a proud Lancashire lad. I lived in Lancashire for 48 years, and loved my time there.

I support  Lancashire county cricket club.  I have also been a very keen  Oldham Athletic supported for 64 years, and still have a season ticket for games. And I travel the 200 mile round trip to home games .

However, I now reside in Yorkshire, and love that too. Yorkshire fits into my motorcycling needs more readily than Lancashire did. It is a lot more open,  with more roads to enjoy,  and with arguably better scenery .

Lancashire folk are open, pleasant and very friendly.  Whilst Yorkshire lads and lasses, are equally nice, but can't talk proper, like wot I do. They also think a good muffin is a round piece of bread. They also call a spade a spade even though it's a shovel.  But any road up, Lancastrians, and Yorkies are all ded grand, but won't do owt fer nowt, unless thi do it fer therselvs.

So yes, I am proud to be Yorkcastrian, and love both equally  :152:

Thanks Richard for putting the sat nav route up, it will help those on the NVM ride out to find their way around, once they have passed the end of their street.  :008:
« Last Edit: Apr 23, 2022, 08:47 PM by 100milesaway »

Offline Wal

• Versys Ultimate God
  • City / Town: Durham
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2022, 10:23 PM »
whats the postcode for the start point................