Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Versys 5/10  (Read 1235 times)

Offline Steve698

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Versys 650 2015
  • City / Town: Haverhill
Re: Versys 5/10
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2022, 06:32 PM »
I'm glad it's not just me. Thought I was being a boring old fart and not getting Yammie noobs content. He and his sidekick seem like a couple of overgrown schoolboys to me, all they want is hooligan bikes with 150hp and to ride everywhere at 100mph on the back wheel, seem to have a real supermoto mindset about em, can't take anything they say seriously.

Offline pastrypie

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: versy kle6502018
  • City / Town: stoke on trent
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2022, 09:06 PM »
No I don't think it's just me and you mate I've rode bikes for nearly 50 years and I've  never wanted to lift the front wheel mind you the bikes then you would have had a job to do it .

Offline Clunkyboy

• Versys Mega God
  • Scratchin Bros Rider
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2022, 07:31 AM »
*Originally Posted by pastrypie [+]
No I don't think it's just me and you mate I've rode bikes for nearly 50 years and I've  never wanted to lift the front wheel mind you the bikes then you would have had a job to do it .

Not really, its easy pop it on its back wheel
MT 5, KH 100, IT 175, XR 250, GPZ 600, GPZ 900, GPZ 750, GSXr 1100, XJ 1100, XJ 1200, Super Tenere, GSX 750, 10YR Break, VERSYS Mk1,VERSYS Mk2

Online Flying v2

• Versys Pro
  • Careful now
  • Bike: V-strom defector
  • City / Town: Hednesford
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2022, 09:07 AM »
Riding on one wheel is illegal,  irresponsible and dangerous it poses a risk too life and should be prohibited.
Sadly when Yamaha made my Elsie and TDR 250 they seem too have forgot this. When riding H1/H2 Kawasaki's they too demonstrated similar characteristics.  My previous honda 650 deauville and indeed SCR 950 do struggle to hoist there front wheel though so choices are available!
Personally I do have laugh out loud moments at yams videos but I think I'm pretty laid back and don't take things too seriously.
One thing he did say on a video was it doesn't matter if someone is not a fan of your particular bike .
The greatest bike ever as voted by a panel of respected experts Honda supercub...
I'm going out on my bike.