Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Bumble Bee  (Read 1286 times)

Offline Steve698

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Versys 650 2015
  • City / Town: Haverhill
Bumble Bee
« on: May 19, 2022, 07:26 PM »
Is it just me but I kinda like this colour scheme, maybe it's a marmite thing, do you love it or hate it ?

Offline Onslowe

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: xsr700
  • City / Town: Middlesbrough
Re: Bumble Bee
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2022, 08:48 PM »
I am not too keen on that colour combo, but I should like it as I also have a traitors Bumble Bee of my own and it gets a few admirers most of whom are from the Kenny Roberts era

« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 08:49 PM by Onslowe »
FS1E, RS100DX, GP125, MTX200, GSX550EF, CB750, TDM850, PEGASO 650, XT500, RD250B, DRZ400, VERSYS 650, W800, XSR700

Offline Steve698

• Versys Member
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2022, 09:07 PM »
Lol, you don't like it but have an XSR in that colour, they say there's now't stranger than folk. Nice bike by the way.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 09:08 PM by Steve698 »

Offline Catsick

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: V650 Mk3
  • City / Town: Wallasey
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2022, 08:54 PM »
Love that colour Versys, at least you'll be seen!    :002:

Offline Steve698

• Versys Member
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2022, 10:13 PM »
Exactly !  :celebrate:

Offline Maverick

• Versys God
  • Bike: Not enough space
  • City / Town: Coffs Harbour
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2022, 09:13 AM »
2014 EU model

I kinda modelled my colour scheme on this one except I used a Mazda colour called

If you wish to know more about what I did poke around https://www.versys.co.uk/index.php/topic,13786.msg202867.html#msg202867 and a couple pages before and after.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 09:14 AM by Maverick »

Offline Steve698

• Versys Member
« Reply #6 on: Jun 05, 2022, 03:09 PM »
Having had Bumble delivered 3 days ago and spending a couple of days tweeking things to my liking I got out for the first time yesterday, think this is the most comfortable bike I've ridden. Spent some time setting the suspension up for my weight and adjusting levers etc but the ride was really enjoyable. OK I get the conversation about the choppy throttle but I had a Vulcan once so it wasn't a huge surprise and is controllable with some gentle clutch work may think about a boosterplug at some point but don't find it a massive downer. Suspension worked great, maybe because I spent time setting it up but it was planted and predictable, rode the potholes well. Had smoother gear changes on other bikes but again there is a knack that you soon pick up, being gentle helps, not stamping on the shifter and chopping the throttle or dumping the clutch. There was a a bit of vibration up above 60 mph, not too bad but was there. My only complaint would be it's height, feels a little top heavy at slow speed or when walking it around and for my 30 inch inseam needs to be 2 inches shorter as it becomes a bit of a stretch when stopping, but knew it's height beforehand so can't hold that against it. Will be adding a few bits and bobs here and there and making a few more tweeks to dial it in into to suit my OCD ways but generally loved it. :96:

Online tonybro

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 650 Grand Tourer
  • City / Town: Newton Abbot
« Reply #7 on: Jun 06, 2022, 06:41 PM »
I've had 5 Versys since i got my licence and my favorite colour is still:

My mates hate the colour although still have a yearning to buy it as a second bike. (Thats if i can hide it from the missus!) lol

Offline jdoyle

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 650 Mk1
  • City / Town: Wicklow
« Reply #8 on: Jun 06, 2022, 08:01 PM »
*Originally Posted by tonybro [+]
I've had 5 Versys since i got my licence and my favorite colour is still:

My mates hate the colour although still have a yearning to buy it as a second bike. (Thats if i can hide it from the missus!) lol
Yup she wont notice that in the garage :-)
Dream on McDuff

Online Stewie

• Versys Mega God
  • Strong adherent to the number 4
  • Bike: Triumph Rocket 3
  • City / Town: Barwell, Leics.
« Reply #9 on: Jun 06, 2022, 09:17 PM »
I can only agree.

Mk11 in pearl solar yellow is by far the best colour.

This was mine. I had to get rid of it in the end because I just couldn't handle the constant sexual demands from the ladies whenever they saw it.