Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Suspension Tweaking  (Read 517 times)

Offline Boydie

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: Versys 650 KLE
  • City / Town: Fife
Suspension Tweaking
« on: May 20, 2022, 06:59 AM »
Taking my bike to Bob Grant in Fife today for a suspension setup.
Silly question do I need to weigh myself before hand or is my weight not an issue? (Its is but thats a different story).

The only reason I ask is that Ive used Air sprung forks on my mountainbikes in the past and weight was obviously important.

Thanks

Offline Onslowe

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: xsr700
  • City / Town: Middlesbrough
Re: Suspension Tweaking
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2022, 07:29 AM »
I would say weigh yourself in riding gear just in case, though I doubt he will be changing the rear spring to suit. Good luck.
FS1E, RS100DX, GP125, MTX200, GSX550EF, CB750, TDM850, PEGASO 650, XT500, RD250B, DRZ400, VERSYS 650, W800, XSR700

Offline Topbox

• Versys Pro
  • City / Town: Leeds
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2022, 01:43 PM »
If your going to be there with the bike I don't think you need to weigh yourself.  He should sit you on the bike and adjust sag with you on it job done.

If it looks like he can't get the feel he wants with available adjustment he will then advise next steps. If that involves different springs then he will need to know your weight to order new springs.

TB

Offline Boydie

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: Versys 650 KLE
  • City / Town: Fife
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2022, 05:49 AM »
All sorted now Bob Grant done a great job, bike no longer packing down at the back. Infact its like a new bike.