Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: 2022 IVM (Rob's out of bread. Again...)  (Read 3237 times)

Offline Gustavo

• Hardcore Member
  • Versys Mega God
  • Wanna be moto magazine writer
  • Bike: Classic Red
2022 IVM (Rob's out of bread. Again...)
« on: Jun 09, 2022, 01:30 AM »
Some of you may remember how naive we were back in the early days of 2020, thinking we'd be able to hold the IVM we planned for that summer, because that Covid pandemic was going to disappear, like it was nothing by April.  Or so we were told by some guy who is now an ex-president...   :138: :138:

OK, so that didn't work.  How about 2021?  Yeah, we also tried to plan one in 2021.  Not with any more success...   :125:

So, Rob decided that no planning will be involved this time, just so the Canadian and US authorities don't get wind of the impending biker gang descending on eastern WA and OR and decide to shut the border again.  For Covid reasons, of course...   :whistle:

Therefore, what I am about to tell you guys needs to stay confidential.  The situation in Nova Scotia must be really dire.  This pandemic seems to have really hurt the economy.  Rob has been asking to come borrow that loaf of bread for a couple of years now.  Given that I am such a good neighbor, naturally, offered to help.   Rob has sneaked out of Nova Scotia and is (slowly?  :whistle:) making his way to the west coast.  I have a loaf of bread ready.  Wal suggested, in a different thread, that I get a couple of pints of milk to go with the bread.  Maybe that will keep him away until next year...  :027:

The "not plan" is to meet in Lewiston (as we imagined the 2020 and 2021 IVMs would have) and go from there. 

Lewiston area:

https://goo.gl/maps/Fn7ZLMc11j7LQJ989

There are a fair number of really, really, and I mean, really, good roads in that area.  I can't wait...    :biker1: :biker1: :biker1:

Rob should be posting something about his progress soon.

Gustavo
Always yield to temptation, it may not pass your way again - Ken Morton

Offline uralrob

• Versys Ultimate God
  • Bike: 14 V 650 15 V1k
  • City / Town: Bridgewater NS
Re: 2022 IVM (Rob's out of bread. Again...)
« Reply #1 on: Jun 09, 2022, 11:52 AM »

:biker2:  I see no evil, I hear no evil, I speak no evil. Sgt Schultz.   

https://goo.gl/maps/BTG2qJF9uDQbbdpa9

Say notting

:107: Biker Rob.

Don't take Life too serious, it's not permanent.

Offline Clunkyboy

• Versys Mega God
  • Scratchin Bros Rider
« Reply #2 on: Jun 09, 2022, 12:28 PM »
Love the fact you look at Robs map and it doesn't look like he has gone far until you read the number 1295K and there is a lot of country between him and OR/WA. Good effort Sir
MT 5, KH 100, IT 175, XR 250, GPZ 600, GPZ 900, GPZ 750, GSXr 1100, XJ 1100, XJ 1200, Super Tenere, GSX 750, 10YR Break, VERSYS Mk1,VERSYS Mk2

Offline Gustavo

• Hardcore Member
  • Versys Mega God
« Reply #3 on: Jun 09, 2022, 01:27 PM »
That's a good start!  Google says it's a little over 12, how long were you on the road yesterday?

Keep the updates coming.  A picture or two wouldn't be out of place too...   :whistle:

Gustavo

Online Wal

• Versys Ultimate God
  • City / Town: Durham
« Reply #4 on: Jun 09, 2022, 05:18 PM »
3000 miles for 2 pints of milk is not bad........ :015: put some butter on that bread though, as a treat

Offline Gustavo

• Hardcore Member
  • Versys Mega God
« Reply #5 on: Jun 09, 2022, 05:44 PM »
Excuse me, two pints of milk AND a loaf of bread.   :211:

These visits aren't cheap. He has to make it worth his while to pop over to my side of the neighborhood.    :biker1: :biker1:

Gustavo

Offline uralrob

• Versys Ultimate God
  • Bike: 14 V 650 15 V1k
  • City / Town: Bridgewater NS
« Reply #6 on: Jun 10, 2022, 03:50 AM »

Updated map to Thursday 6th p.m.

https://goo.gl/maps/pr1ecD2oqzYFvdaM7

No pics yet as it has been raining fairly steadily since Fredericton.

Today was slow going because of the rain and also heavy traffic on the 150 km loop around Montreal. I caught morning rush hour. Who knew? They forgot to tell me  :5: . Duh!

Not much of interest to report in two days of rain, but as Wal and others will attest, there's a certain perverse satisfaction in taking what's dished up and finding that bike and rider are still up to it. 80 km short of my planned destination for the night, but still well in hand for the Best Before date on the milk and bread  :2: .

Small - well not so small - confession here: I'm on the V1K this trip  :034:.
 Why? Because back in 2018 I wanted to see if I could still handle a big bike, found that I could, and thought I should do a comparison with the 650 for long haul. Well, thanks to covid, that hasn't happened until now.
 I'll write about that when I get back if anyone is interested. Long story short, the big V doesn't take anything away from the small one.

Rob.
Don't take Life too serious, it's not permanent.

Offline Gustavo

• Hardcore Member
  • Versys Mega God
« Reply #7 on: Jun 10, 2022, 05:36 AM »
1914 km?  I did almost that same number today, but in miles.  OK, the longest leg on that trip was on a 737, but still...   :whistle:

It was a cool 32C in Albuquerque when I landed.  It was breaking into the 40's by the time I made it to the southern part of the state in the afternoon.  There were some heavy dark clouds, but I suspect that even if it rains, it would probably evaporate before it hits the windshield at these temps...    :008:

Gustavo

Offline Clunkyboy

• Versys Mega God
  • Scratchin Bros Rider
« Reply #8 on: Jun 10, 2022, 07:32 AM »
Still look like you popped around the corner for that loaf  :008: :008: :008:
MT 5, KH 100, IT 175, XR 250, GPZ 600, GPZ 900, GPZ 750, GSXr 1100, XJ 1100, XJ 1200, Super Tenere, GSX 750, 10YR Break, VERSYS Mk1,VERSYS Mk2

Online Wal

• Versys Ultimate God
  • City / Town: Durham
« Reply #9 on: Jun 11, 2022, 12:18 AM »
after a couple of days ride and about 800 miles of rain i get a feeling of equanimity bordering on smugness....... :008:

most of us say to our partners.....just popping out for milk/bread, only be 5 mins................Rob says, just popping out be back in 5 weeks....... :015: