Author Two bike policy advise needed  (Read 345 times)

• Offline UTB-MJK   gb

• Versys Member  ‐    18
    • Topic Author

Offline UTB-MJK

• Versys Member
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: Versys 650 GT
    • City / Town: Northallerton
    Two bike policy advise needed
    on: Jun 20, 2022, 07:11 pm
    Jun 20, 2022, 07:11 pm
    Hi All,

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience of insuring more than one bike?

I have my Versys on a Bennetts policy and I've just bought a little Honda Monkey bike for having a bit of a laugh on when I can't be bothered to get the Versys out.

Bennetts allow more than one bike but wouldn't insure the Honda as it is deemed easily nickable.

I was also not aware that if you have NCB on one policy, you start at zero if you take another concurrent policy. Seems ridiculous to me. This little 125 is 80 with my NCB and over 180 without, but obviously I can't transfer.

I have looked but I cannot find any multi bike insurers that allow quote online,

Any tips before i have to spend hours on the phone trying to get somewhere.

Thanks

• Offline Clunkyboy   gb

• Versys Mega God  ‐    9766

Offline Clunkyboy

• Versys Mega God
    • Scratchin Bros Rider
    Re: Two bike policy advise needed
    Reply #1 on: Jun 21, 2022, 12:40 pm
    Jun 21, 2022, 12:40 pm
    I was also not aware that if you have NCB on one policy, you start at zero if you take another concurrent policy.

So what they are saying is that if you are safe and secure with one bike you are a henious risk on the other  :lostit: proper pants that

If you srat ringing round give Hastings direct a call as oppossed to online, I have been with them for years and whilst others can be a couple of quid cheaaper they are normally very reasonable about extras and additions etc and do at least try to get you a deal. Not tried with two bikes though.
    MT 5, KH 100, IT 175, XR 250, GPZ 600, GPZ 900, GPZ 750, GSXr 1100, XJ 1100, XJ 1200, Super Tenere, GSX 750, 10YR Break, VERSYS Mk1,VERSYS Mk2

• Offline UTB-MJK   gb

• Versys Member  ‐    18
    • Topic Author

Offline UTB-MJK

• Versys Member
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: Versys 650 GT
    • City / Town: Northallerton
    Reply #2 on: Jun 21, 2022, 12:50 pm
    Jun 21, 2022, 12:50 pm
    *Originally Posted by Clunkyboy [+]
    So what they are saying is that if you are safe and secure with one bike you are a henious risk on the other  :lostit: proper pants that

Hi,

Yes, exactly that. It is crazy, and I also assume if for example you have 5yrs NCB on one bike and 10 on another with a different policy. If you make a claim you lose them both.

I did try as you suggested, and rang around and found one for 140. When I tried to cancel the one i had just taken with Bikesure (180), as it was only 3 days old and fell within the 14days cancellation time and I hadn't even ridden the bike, I was informed there was a 90 cancellation policy!

These insurance companies are nothing more than crooks.   :125:

• Offline Topbox   gb

• Versys Pro  ‐    86

Offline Topbox

• Versys Pro
    • City / Town: Leeds
    Reply #3 on: Jun 22, 2022, 04:53 am
    Jun 22, 2022, 04:53 am
    That doesn't sound right. If your cancelling within the cooling off period how can they charge you.

They can charge for period of cover but 90?

TB

allergic