Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: 12k service MY2015  (Read 216 times)

Offline Wakasaki

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 650 2015
  • City / Town: Bratislava
12k service MY2015
« on: Jun 22, 2022, 11:39 AM »
I don't ride much so my bike has only 13k at the moment. I went to the dealer to get the oil changed because I live in the city and I have no way to clean up the mess and mostly because I needed my lights to be adjusted. Anyway, they said I should get the big 12k service done. They quoted me almost 300, so I obviously said no. I wonder if there is anything important in there that I should maybe get done individually? They are the official dealer and very expensive, in my opinion, so I would find a cheaper place to get done what actually needs to be done. They mentioned valve adjustment(i think) and checking the spark plugs. I don't know what else though. For 300 there has to be way more.

The manual lists valve clearance every 42k and everything else is such that if it ain't broken, no need to fix it. The only thing listed is changing the spark plugs every 12k. But man, 12k is nothing. And again, if it works, why fiddle with it...
« Last Edit: Jun 22, 2022, 12:23 PM by Wakasaki »

Online Wal

• Versys Ultimate God
  • City / Town: Durham
Re: 12k service MY2015
« Reply #1 on: Jun 22, 2022, 05:44 PM »
" if it works, why fiddle with it"...................well, presumably because eventually it won't work sooner than if you did...., however its your bike and your choice as to how to maintain it........

my 7k mls service was 186, and they do run better with new plugs and TB sync

Offline uralrob

• Versys Ultimate God
  • Bike: 14 V 650 15 V1k
  • City / Town: Bridgewater NS
Re: 12k service MY2015
« Reply #2 on: Jun 23, 2022, 05:29 AM »

Plus 1 to new plugs and throttle body sync if they've not been done.
 Both my 650s needed throttle body adjustment at the first service.
 It makes a noticeable difference.

Rob.
Don't take Life too serious, it's not permanent.