Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: El Espinazo del Diablo - Durango to Mazatlan, Mexico  (Read 4653 times)

Offline Gustavo

• Hardcore Member
  • Versys Mega God
  • Wanna be moto magazine writer
  • Bike: Classic Red
El Espinazo del Diablo - Durango to Mazatlan, Mexico
« on: May 05, 2008, 07:39 PM »
Or the Devil's Spine, should be high on the list of best roads anywhere.  We are talking about 320 kms from Durango to Mazatlan, most of them nothing short of breath taking for the scenery, never mind the 200+ kms of curves.  Yes, I mean 200 kms of curve, after curve, after curve some with short connecting straights at best.   :biker1:

A few pics -

Going west from Durango:

Obligatory sign pic:

Lots of these looong hairpin turns:

Never ending curves:

Gotta watch out for the truck's, though:

This perspective gives it a bit more "life".  If you are not a believer in riding well under control and in your own lane, El Espinazo will make a believer out of you.  Or a hood ornament...   :007:

Another obligatory sign pic:

Zoom in on this satellite map.  It's hard to understand how vast these mountain ranges are.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=23.662882,+-105.766110&ie=UTF8&ll=23.662882,-105.76611&spn=0.010181,0.016458&t=h&z=16&iwloc=addr

Gustavo
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 09:46 PM by Gustavo »
Always yield to temptation, it may not pass your way again - Ken Morton

Offline senseigarfi

• Versys God
  • Barcelona
Re: El Espinazo del Diablo - Durango to Mazatlan, Mexico
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 09:52 PM »
that's an enjoyable ride for sure !!!

Now I'm most amazed, your photo abilities just improved a step further and out of reach for everybody else: you can take pictures of yourself coming at the camera  :goggle: :goggle: :goggle:

OMG I'm done, I'll never be able to even dream of that possibility   :019:

Garfi

Offline Gustavo

• Hardcore Member
  • Versys Mega God
  • Wanna be moto magazine writer
  • Bike: Classic Red
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 11:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by senseigarfi [+]
Now I'm most amazed, your photo abilities just improved a step further and out of reach for everybody else: you can take pictures of yourself coming at the camera  :goggle: :goggle: :goggle:

It's a special camera mount I take on some of my trips, it's called Tony...   :whistle:

He's the one riding almost dragging the bags on that orange 950 Adventure with the bright orange helmet in the picture above.   :biker1:

Gustavo

Always yield to temptation, it may not pass your way again - Ken Morton

Offline Machog

• Versys God
  • Cave Creek USA
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 03:34 AM »
Gustavo, excellent pictures yet again.

I don't even have a bloody job and I don't get to ride as much as you do, specially in these exotic regions of the world.

You going to share the secret of your success??????????? Or, am I going to have to call my buddy Paul Steven Otelini???, you have been warned :25:

Machog
08 Versys
05 KLR 650 03 Honda ST 1300 ABS 97 Honda Valkyrie 94 HD FXDL 89 Virago 87 Virago 78 Honda 350 77 Honda 250XL 74 CZ 175
68 BSA 125

Offline Cazzie

• VERSYS GODDESS
  • Versys God
  • Bike: 07 Versys
  • City / Town: Toorbul
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 09:04 AM »
Great pics Gustavo  :020:
Life's good!