Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: The perfect stand for the V  (Read 16260 times)

Offline MeanGreen

• Versys Member
Re: The perfect stand for the V
« Reply #40 on: Jul 23, 2008, 10:04 PM »
Thanks I'm very happy with the stand.
Why I used to count your traffic lights?   :whistle:
I did some service in the UN stationed just north of "Rosh Haniqra" (or some spelling like that) in Lebanon. My unit did two trips a week down to Tel Aviv doing some "house keeping". (stopped at banks, embasys and so on). Even got to meet with a very nice guy Yitzhak Rabin at a kibbutz not far from Ben Gurion. Some months I had over there very exiting.  :37:

Offline GTversys

• Versys Pro
« Reply #41 on: Jul 26, 2008, 09:55 PM »
Changed my rear tire, then oh no can't jack up front end to change front tire.  Go get on forum and low and behold, HR100, halfway around the world has figured out a neat jack.

Built mine out of 1-1/2" Chromoly tubing with 1" cross bar to slide through Versys frame.  Didn't make a breaker for leverage, so about to go test it and see if I can make it work without that addon.  Waiting for the welds to cool.

Thanks for the design work, I can do the tig part!

P.S.  Did have to use the breaker bar, no problem will make half moon and weld on to the end of the breaker bar so it will catch on bottom crossmember and not slip while lifting bike. 
« Last Edit: Jul 26, 2008, 10:33 PM by GTversys »
08 Versys
07 K1200GT stock rocket
08 Ninja 250 (wife's)
1999 FXDX 95" (sold)
1999 X1 Buell  (chopped)

Offline MeanGreen

• Versys Member
« Reply #42 on: Jul 27, 2008, 09:33 PM »
Great job. It looks great!  :152:

Offline Nortasaki

• Versys Newbie
« Reply #43 on: Aug 10, 2008, 04:28 AM »
I just put a shoulder bolt in each of the threaded tube - like things that are under each side of the swing arm, they stick out about 2", I just leave them there and I made a Pit stand to fit. I will post some pics so you all can see :123A:

Offline NightRider

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: 2017 Versys 650
  • City / Town: Banja Luka
« Reply #44 on: Jun 27, 2018, 10:06 AM »
I apologize for necroing this, but I just had to say thanks to OP for designing this and posting his photos and schematic of the design here.
Thanks to him I decided to make my own stand and I'm very happy with it. I modified his design slightly though, to suit my personal taste.
Thanks a lot my friend, I owe you a beer!  :031:

Offline Gustavo

• Hardcore Member
  • Versys Mega God
  • Wanna be moto magazine writer
  • Bike: Classic Red
« Reply #45 on: Jun 27, 2018, 09:46 PM »
I don't think HR is still reading this forum, so I'll say it - that is a very nicely made stand.   :020:

Did you do the welding yourself?

Gustavo
Always yield to temptation, it may not pass your way again - Ken Morton

Online whiskydave

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: Yamaha Traitor
« Reply #46 on: Jun 27, 2018, 09:53 PM »
If anyone in the NE of England needs a similar stand I have one going for free. Obviously to heavy to post. Plus a front wheel roller.  :028:

Offline NightRider

• Versys Newbie
« Reply #47 on: Jun 28, 2018, 04:39 AM »
*Originally Posted by Gustavo [+]
I don't think HR is still reading this forum, so I'll say it - that is a very nicely made stand.   :020:

Did you do the welding yourself?

Gustavo
Thanks mate! Some of it, yes. I started slowly but my welding skills are mediocre so my uncle (that I borrowed the welder from) took pity on me and helped me finish the job.  :008:
I never welded thin steel like that (used to weld a lot thicker material with large steel beams) so my uncle showed me the proper technique and now I'm certainly better at it.  :152:
Plus, having 2 sets of hands always makes things easier, beats having to use clamps to holds things in place.  :001:
« Last Edit: Jun 28, 2018, 04:42 AM by NightRider »

Offline Lord Muck

• Versys God
  • Iíve got a plan...
  • Bike: 2019 CB1000r
  • City / Town: Lincolnshire
« Reply #48 on: Jun 28, 2018, 02:51 PM »
Iíve just built one today, Iíll post photos when Iíve totally finished it but I can confirm itís works very well indeed and my welding skills are still shite!  :008:
Oh it also  looks very agricultural but it is very strong.
Iíve got a few bits to still do to it but for something thatís made totally from stuff I had lying about Iím really pleased with it...
« Last Edit: Jun 28, 2018, 02:53 PM by Lord Muck »
"It's a mother beautiful bridge and it s gonna be there"

Offline NightRider

• Versys Newbie
« Reply #49 on: Jun 28, 2018, 03:03 PM »
*Originally Posted by Lord Muck [+]
Iíve just built one today, Iíll post photos when Iíve totally finished it but I can confirm itís works very well indeed and my welding skills are still shite!  :008:
Oh it also  looks very agricultural but it is very strong.
Iíve got a few bits to still do to it but for something thatís made totally from stuff I had lying about Iím really pleased with it...
Looking forward to the photos! Any day when you can save cash and make something on your own is a good day!  :008: