Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Cedar Breaks, UT  (Read 1961 times)

Offline RPrice

• Versys Pro
Cedar Breaks, UT
« on: Sep 07, 2008, 01:49 AM »
I read Gustavo's Post re: "Versys crashes V Strom Rally" a couple of months ago.  His destination, Cedar City, UT is only about an hour from where I live, so I decided to "relive" part of his adventure, and indeed it was a very small part.  It's been hot down around St. George of late, and when I arrived in Cedar the temps were about right.  Then I rode the twisties up to the summit above Cedar City, and at over 9,900 ft., it was very cool, literally and figuratively.  Gustavo took a pic of this same summit with the sign that read 9910 feet, but this is from a different angle. Wow, was the scenery great.   Sorry about the bike in the photos, but Oh Well.  I took my wife's camera up there, it didn't work, so I took these with my cell phone, sorry in advance for the quality.

Then it was off to Brian Head via Cedar Breaks, climbing even higher to nearly 10,500 feet.  The Versys ran great, but hey, the speed limit was only 35 - 40 mph! And yes, it's getting colder!

The meadows up on top were looking brown, but there were still great wildflowers although most were one color, yellow.  The meadows were turning brown due to below freezing temps at night, in late August.  I then descended into Brian Head, and took another pic as evidence.

Then it was the descent to Parowan, which was up to a 13% grade, and very twisty.  It was a very pretty ride.  Then back to Cedar City via I-15 (only about 10 miles worth), and back to my house 10 miles north of St. George, UT.  Where by this time, which was about 3:00 PM it was 90+? F.  The whole trip took less than 5 hours, even with picture taking and gawking at the views. 

I just read in our local paper that this country above Cedar City is on the "top ten list" in the country for viewing fall colors.  Gonna have to crank up the Versys again and head up there in a couple of weeks!

By the way, I bought my Versys in June, and I've never seen another one on the roads around here.  According to the local dealer in St. George they sold 4 of them this year.  Kind of rare, but hopefully not for long!

If any of you are planning a trip to this part of the world, and need information, don't hesitate to let me know, and I'll try to help.

Gustavo, if you read this, I laughed when I read your account of Law Enforcement efforts in Ely, NV.  I lived there for nine years, and yes one must be careful when passing through that area.

Bob

Offline Cazzie

• VERSYS GODDESS
  • Versys God
  • Bike: 07 Versys
  • City / Town: Toorbul
Re: Cedar Breaks, UT
« Reply #1 on: Sep 07, 2008, 11:58 AM »
Nice, mate, very nice!  :123A:

Offline mountainrider

• Non-Active
  • Versys God