Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: fantastic fuel range  (Read 6699 times)

Online Gustavo

• Hardcore Member
  • Versys Mega God
  • Wanna be moto magazine writer
  • Bike: Classic Red
Re: fantastic fuel range
« Reply #40 on: Oct 18, 2020, 11:45 PM »
If I may interrupt the banter to get back on topic...   :whistle:

Today I took the Versys out for a short ride in the local twisties.  Unfortunately, by the time I got out of town it started raining and the mountain roads were mostly wet, so I had to keep a more relaxed pace.  When I got back, I got gas and this tank yielded 54 MPG (almost 65 imperial), which brings me back to the banter.  If you ride like my grandmother, you will get good mileage, even on a Mk1...   :008:

Gustavo

Always yield to temptation, it may not pass your way again - Ken Morton

Offline anderson

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: KLE 650 CDF
  • City / Town: Cornwall
« Reply #41 on: Oct 19, 2020, 01:47 PM »
I'm not sure what my MPG is when I'm giving the bike a good leathering, however my normal 'chill' riding is bringing in around the low 60s. Not too shabby at all. Considering my last bike was 35 MPG if I drove like a hearse it's a good feeling to be burning less fuel (VFR 750 fg).

Can't say I am used to not having a reserve, yet. Relying on a tiny black rectangle on a liquid crystal (?) display seems awfully dicey. Being able to reach down, turn a lever and know I have exactly x amount of fuel left seems much better.

Maybe I need to fashion a fuel dipstick for accurate results  :008:
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Online 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 650 MK3
  • City / Town: Leyburn
« Reply #42 on: Oct 19, 2020, 02:02 PM »
*Originally Posted by anderson [+]
I'm not sure what my MPG is when I'm giving the bike a good leathering, however my normal 'chill' riding is bringing in around the low 60s. Not too shabby at all. Considering my last bike was 35 MPG if I drove like a hearse it's a good feeling to be burning less fuel (VFR 750 fg).

Can't say I am used to not having a reserve, yet. Relying on a tiny black rectangle on a liquid crystal (?) display seems awfully dicey. Being able to reach down, turn a lever and know I have exactly x amount of fuel left seems much better.

Nah, worry not.  When the blocks start flashing there is a minimum of 50 miles left, and in my experience quite a bit more than that.
What would you rather be, or a wasp?

Offline Darsey

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: Kawasaki 1000 sx
« Reply #43 on: Oct 27, 2020, 05:36 PM »
*Originally Posted by Guitar_Slinger [+]
So many threads about fuel!   I've owned a Mk 2 for just over a year and the last 2 weeks were the same ride to work every day - 10 miles each way.  Most days were a 30-40mph bimble at low revs.  Two or three days I went a bit quicker on the way home (4 - 5,000 RPM) as the sun was shining and I felt like it.  :123A:

Left home this morning with 220 miles on the clock this morning and spent 10 miles with FUEL flashing at me. putting 14.42 litres in the tank  at 230 miles but not brimming it - roughly 53mpg.

I'm curious to know how far you've gone on a tankful at motorway speeds (70-80mph).  I've got a 210 mile trip coming up, where each end is 2 miles from the motorway and wonder if I'll make it in one go?

if you done 230 miles on 14.42 liters that would be 3.1719 gallons to 230 miles is 72.511 mpg
Ye must be born again

Offline redvfr87

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: 2019 versys650GT
  • City / Town: Paisley
« Reply #44 on: Nov 02, 2020, 02:24 PM »
Stopped for a coffee last week with a few riding mates and the conversation got round to fuel consumption. I checked my average MPG and it came back with 61.4mpg over 12500 miles (2019 Versys 650GT) including a Europe trip last year fully loaded.  The most I've pushed a tank to was 268 miles before a refill.  :002:

Online 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 650 MK3
  • City / Town: Leyburn
« Reply #45 on: Nov 02, 2020, 02:38 PM »
*Originally Posted by anderson [+]

Yes, but when you see the rectangle flashing, you know that you have fuel left.  When you reach down to activate the fuel reserve switch, and the bike is spluttering, and you realize in one of those Oh sh-- moments  :5: that you have left it switched on from last time you used it.  :138:.

Give me the flashing rectangle every time.  :banana:
What would you rather be, or a wasp?

Offline Krisnow

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Versys 650
  • City / Town: Ko Samui
« Reply #46 on: Nov 04, 2020, 12:49 AM »
well, i am not impressed with my bike's fuel economy.  if i don't drive too fast, up to around 6000rpm, it is 18km/l.  If I drive fast, don't ask.