Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: SOUTH AMERICA ANYONE???  (Read 1667 times)

Offline Britabroad

• Ex Member
  • Versys God
SOUTH AMERICA ANYONE???
« on: Jun 30, 2014, 04:11 PM »
I found this very interesting video on ADVRider.com & it's really peaked my interest in doing a tour of one of the SA countries, most probably the western side countries like Colombia/Ecuador/Peru/Chile/etc.
The video last about 45mins I think, & there are many more videos showing other motorbike tour companies in other countries.
I have 2 questions relating to this subject;
1/ has anyone ever done one of these tours?
2/Would anyone be interested in doing one?
(like an NVM abroad but not on V's!)
Anyway, here's the link; THE NEW WORLD RIDE - Full Feature Film - Colombian Motorcycle Adventure

Offline Ted99UK

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: Versys Adventure
  • City / Town: Tarporley
Re: SOUTH AMERICA ANYONE???
« Reply #1 on: Jun 30, 2014, 10:28 PM »
*Originally Posted by Britabroad [+]
I found this very interesting video on ADVRider.com & it's really peaked my interest in doing a tour of one of the SA countries, most probably the western side countries like Colombia/Ecuador/Peru/Chile/etc.
The video last about 45mins I think, & there are many more videos showing other motorbike tour companies in other countries.
I have 2 questions relating to this subject;
1/ has anyone ever done one of these tours?
2/Would anyone be interested in doing one?
(like an NVM abroad but not on V's!)
Anyway, here's the link; THE NEW WORLD RIDE - Full Feature Film - Colombian Motorcycle Adventure

I did one with "Moto Adventure Peru" a few years back. We put a group together and he did us a bespoke tour. The owner is a Brit and the guy on the ground who leads is a Brit.
Lima, down the coast, straight across the Andes on dirt for 5 days to Cuzco. Unbelievable "ROADS"?  Only tarmac was in the towns.
Then we took the train to Machu-Pichu for the day. Then to Lake Titicaca, then down to Nazca and some of us flew over the lines.
Copper Canyon, fantastic place. The White-City. Riding a long way along the beach edge. We did a day on sand inland of the coast road in trackless sandy wilderness.
Lots of other stuff I have not mentioned or forgotten. So many memories.
Pretty bloody marvelous trip. On Suzuki 650 singles. Perfect bikes for it. Carburetors yet they still worked perfectly at 5,000 metres altitude, and amazingly so did I.
Highly recommended.
Wont be going again though.

Go for it.

Ted.

Offline Britabroad

• Ex Member
  • Versys God
« Reply #2 on: Jul 04, 2014, 04:48 PM »
Ted, what month did you go there, & it could be completely different in Ecuador, but would August be too hot, or does it stay constant on the Equator?

Offline Ted99UK

• Versys Mega God
« Reply #3 on: Jul 04, 2014, 04:52 PM »
*Originally Posted by Britabroad [+]
Ted, what month did you go there, & it could be completely different in Ecuador, but would August be too hot, or does it stay constant on the Equator?

Can't remember Brita. Will see if I've got it recorded somewhere.
On the first day over the Andes we nearly froze to death. Never been so cold.

Ted.

Offline Ted99UK

• Versys Mega God
« Reply #4 on: Jul 04, 2014, 05:04 PM »
I flew out from UK on 1st June, so we would have started the riding 3 or 4 days later, for 3 weeks.

Ted.