Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Like a piece of wet spaghetti dropped on the floor.  (Read 787 times)

Offline Zipperhead

• Versys Pro
  • City / Town: LONDON
Re: Like a piece of wet spaghetti dropped on the floor.
« Reply #10 on: Jul 11, 2019, 12:21 PM »
Thank you all for the kind words.

Clynkyboy, walk? tunnel? See now I've got an excuse to do it again (and maybe do a bit more research next time)

Our friend lives just south of Porreres, so from Palma I went up to Andratx and along the lovely road to Banyalbufar. Just after there I caught up with a gang of outlaw scooter riders (or maybe they were just tourists), about a dozen of them following someone who was presumably their leader. A good idea really as they could probably assume that if he can get round the corner then as long as they aren't trying to overtake him then they will probably be ok. Their speed varied between about 15 & 25mph and they were fairly spread out, so with due regard to rule number one I just tried to be very patient and overtake them one or two at a time without crowding them or making them nervous.

Tex, the scrambler was great for those roads, I really enjoyed it - but I wouldn't swap my Versys for one. Although maybe if there was a bit mTex, the scrambler was great for those roads, I really enjoyed it - but I wouldn't swap my Versys for one. Although maybe if there was a bit more space in the garage.....

I've got a couple more trips lined up over the next few months (on my own bike), if the others bother to get back to me so that I can make minor arrangements such as where to sleep....
« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2019, 12:22 PM by Zipperhead »

Offline Shandy

• Versys Pro
  • Support Your NHS
  • Bike: 19 Versys 650 GT
  • City / Town: Bexley, Kent
« Reply #11 on: Jul 13, 2019, 05:11 AM »
*Originally Posted by TallTex [+]
You lucky guy... fine report and photos. The Scrambler is probably just the ticket for that kinda road.  :020:

When running along sheer drops like that, a little fear of heights is probably a good thing.

+1  :37:

Very nice report, photos are amazing, such beautiful roads coupled with breathtaking scenery!
A Motorcycle Is For Life, Not Just Sunny Days <iframe width="154" height="205" src="https://w2.countingdownto.com/2611567" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Online Clunkyboy

• Versys Mega God
  • Scratchin Bros Rider
« Reply #12 on: Jul 18, 2019, 09:28 AM »
Thats a long great route from Palma to porreres  :008:
If you go near port Andraxt again, nip the other side of the hill just as you go into  the port town and go over to see Calle Llampe. The, walk into the beach club and have a look at the view, stunning. If you feel like treating yourself hire a sunbed for the day and laze it away get waiter served beers, lazy long lunch in the resturant and watch them Ferry the posj nobs in ond out to their yachts on dingy tenders. Great, great  snorkelling which is free, just walk through the club and down to the rocks. No beach  here but easy in and out.
Got a mate who lives just outside Felanitx and another who owns an apartment in cala Egos so sepnt quite a few holidays over there  trying diffrent places. Never hired a bike though,  might do that next time

MT 5, KH 100, IT 175, XR 250, GPZ 600, GPZ 900, GPZ 750, GSXr 1100, XJ 1100, XJ 1200, Super Tenere, GSX 750, 10YR Break, VERSYS Mk1,VERSYS Mk2