Versys Forum

Please login or register.

News: Join Now ! Members have access to areas that guests cannot see.

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Topbox back rests  (Read 639 times)

Offline Biker410

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Versys650
  • City / Town: WORKSOP
Topbox back rests
« on: May 11, 2021, 08:11 AM »
Recently bought givi v40nt Topbox, looking into booklet it suggests the E131s rest, however some bad feedback shows 'sticking out' to far, Uncomfy.
I see a similar one E134s, - Has anyone hands on experience/knowledge if OK to switch or other suggestions please, tia.

Offline Shandy

• Versys Master
  • Support Your NHS
  • Bike: Mk3 Versys650 GT
  • City / Town: Sidcup, Kent
Re: Topbox back rests
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2021, 02:46 AM »
Best advice is to just go with whatever one GIVI recommends for that box, they are type fit and fitting involves drilling holes in the box. So it's a permanent modification whatever you do and therefore something you want to get right first time.

If there's complaints about it not fitting correctly / sticking out too far then likelihood is that some of those might not have been fitted correctly.

I have attempted and got it wrong once before on a previous bike. Luckily this time, as the GT version, my V's backrest was fitted by the dealer. Even he admits it's one of those jobs they loathe as it's tricky to get right.

Couple that with the legendary Italian manufacturing  :whistle: :138: best just check the website for the recommended one and take your time fitting it correctly.
A Motorcycle Is For Life, Not Just Sunny Days!

Offline V4Murph

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2017 versys 650
  • City / Town: Sulgrave
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2021, 09:03 AM »
I fitted mine and have had no complaints from the 2 people who regularly pillion with me.
I did actually follow the instructions  with this but was straightforward.
Maybe its just down to personal taste when it comes to size, probably wouldn't suit me as I'm a sloucher..

Offline Biker410

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Versys650
  • City / Town: WORKSOP
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2021, 02:29 PM »
Thanks for the replys.