Author centre stand + crash bars  (Read 272 times)

• Offline Versys_Noob   gb

• Versys Newbie  ‐    2
    • Topic Author

Offline Versys_Noob

• Versys Newbie
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: Versys 650 '10
    centre stand + crash bars
    on: Aug 04, 2022, 04:32 pm
    Aug 04, 2022, 04:32 pm
    Hi all, just got myself a 2010 Versys and i'm looking to get a centre stand and some crash bars. Ive been reading past threads and the SW-M crash bars look good, but ive also seen this thread https://www.versys.co.uk/index.php/topic,24840.msg326204.html suggesting that there can be compatibility issues installing both? Also, i read the thread on the SW-M and HB centre stands interfering with the chain but didn't really find a clear answer, is it a common issue? Any help or advice is much appreciated :002:

• Offline Back to Biking   gb

• Versys Newbie  ‐    8

Offline Back to Biking

• Versys Newbie
    • Bike: Versys KLE650ABS
    • City / Town: LIVERPOOL
    Re: centre stand + crash bars
    Reply #1 on: Aug 04, 2022, 07:31 pm
    Aug 04, 2022, 07:31 pm
    I bought my Versys with an after market Centre stand fitted and when I got the SW engine bars realised that both shared the same mounting bolt.  The centre stand came with bushes and they have to stay in place for it to work.  You get two bushes for fitting the engine bars but they are too big with the centre stand in place.  One is a straight forward tube and the other with a flattened edge for the gear linkage side as it passes by the crankcase cover bolt.  Measure up the space used by the additional centre stand bushes and bracket on each side and subtract that extra measurement from the two bushes supplied.  You can either cut down the bushes to get the right size or make them up from aluminium rod with a 10mm drilled hole to suit.  My mate is a bit of a whiz and he made me a pair of bushes which were spot on as I didn’t want to carve up the SW supplied bushes in case I got fed up with the centre stand and wanted to just have the engine bars.  My centre stand was made by “Upstands” so the measurements for mine will probably not suit your situation.  Good luck😊

• Offline Versys_Noob   gb

• Versys Newbie  ‐    2
    • Topic Author

Offline Versys_Noob

• Versys Newbie
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: Versys 650 '10
    Re: centre stand + crash bars
    Reply #2 on: Aug 04, 2022, 07:53 pm
    Aug 04, 2022, 07:53 pm
    Thanks for you insight, but to be honest, I'm quite new to this and this sounds a bit involved for my level. Ill probably just stick with the crash bars for now as i think they're a bit more important, but by the sounds of your solution you certainly saved me a headache :020: