Author TPMS  (Read 544 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

  • Offline Russ   gb

    • Versys Member  ‐    28
    • **
    • Topic Author

    Offline Russ

    • Versys Member
    • **
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 28
    • Versys 650 Grand Tourer 2023
    • Bike: Versys 650 GT
    • City / Town: Prestatyn
    • Country: gb
    TPMS
    on: Feb 11, 2024, 10:24 am
    Feb 11, 2024, 10:24 am
    Has anyone fitted any internal TPMS sensors ? If yes - what type did you fit ?

    I already have the type that screw on as a valve cap, but I am thinking of swapping to internal sensors when I come to replace the tyres.

    Does anyone know what the valve hole size is ?

  • Offline TowerMan   scotland

    • Information Guru
    • Versys Mega God  ‐    9068
    • *
      #1

    Offline TowerMan

    • Information Guru
    • Versys Mega God
    • *
    • Posts: 9068
    • V.I.G.S. rules OK
    • Bike: V650Mk1 + V1kMk2
    • City / Town: Biggar, Scotland
    • Country: scotland
    Re: TPMS
    Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 2024, 12:35 pm
    Feb 11, 2024, 12:35 pm
    *Originally Posted by Russ [+]
    Has anyone fitted any internal TPMS sensors ? If yes - what type did you fit ?
    I already have the type that screw on as a valve cap, but I am thinking of swapping to internal sensors when I come to replace the tyres.
    Does anyone know what the valve hole size is ?

    These are what you want and fit the Versys  :031:

    https://www.moto-vision.com/en/article/32373-tire-pressure-monitoring-system-by-internal-sensor

    Richard    :001: 

    PS -

  • Offline Russ   gb

    • Versys Member  ‐    28
    • **
    • Topic Author
    • #2

    Offline Russ

    • Versys Member
    • **
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 28
    • Versys 650 Grand Tourer 2023
    • Bike: Versys 650 GT
    • City / Town: Prestatyn
    • Country: gb
    Re: TPMS
    Reply #2 on: Feb 11, 2024, 12:38 pm
    Feb 11, 2024, 12:38 pm
    Great, thanks Richard. Do you know if the batteries in the sensors are user replaceable ?

  • Offline Stewie   gb

    • Versys Mega God  ‐    7897
    • ******
      #3

    Offline Stewie

    • Versys Mega God
    • ******
    • Posts: 7897
    • Strong adherent to the number 4
    • Bike: Triumph Rocket 3
    • City / Town: Barwell, Leics.
    • Country: gb
    Re: TPMS
    Reply #3 on: Feb 11, 2024, 12:44 pm
    Feb 11, 2024, 12:44 pm
    *Originally Posted by Russ [+]
    Great, thanks Richard. Do you know if the batteries in the sensors are user replaceable ?

    It says that the batteries have an 8-12 month life and it says "Easy
    to installation and sensor battery can be replaced by driver."

  • Offline Russ   gb

    • Versys Member  ‐    28
    • **
    • Topic Author
    • #4

    Offline Russ

    • Versys Member
    • **
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 28
    • Versys 650 Grand Tourer 2023
    • Bike: Versys 650 GT
    • City / Town: Prestatyn
    • Country: gb
    Re: TPMS
    Reply #4 on: Feb 11, 2024, 01:24 pm
    Feb 11, 2024, 01:24 pm
    *Originally Posted by Stewie [+]
    It says that the batteries have an 8-12 month life and it says "Easy
    to installation and sensor battery can be replaced by driver."

    I have seen these and others that look identical, but the instructions / info are as clear as mud. They seem to be a generic description which also covers the external sensors, in which the batteries are replaceable. Even in the link Towerman posted it reads

    "Tire Pressure Monitoring System by internal sensor
    Reference TPMS-M3-C-TH
    Read reviews (4)

    Tire Pressure Monitoring System by external sensor

     The system works with both caps to screw on your 11.3mm valves. All information is then transmitted in real time on a 45x45mm digital box on which you can scroll the information of each tire and create alerts if the data is abnormal."

    Similar internal sensors read that they have @ a 5 year battery life

     



    allergic